I am so excited about these changes!! Looooong!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Threadbenders

I am so excited about these changes!! Looooong!

Post by Threadbenders » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:40 pm

Okay, yesterday was an N day, and I was doing fine. Then I had to drive hubby to Tucson (about an hour drive) right before dinner. I had a small panic attack, but then realized 'I can eat at any place there!' We ended up at In N Out burger place. I had a cheeseburger, shared hubby's fries, and drank a milk. The only thing I had to consciously do was have milk instead of soda or a milkshake. Yay! Hubby was so pleased, and he even made sure we ate before doing his errands. Yay hubby!

Today is an S day, and as I am fairly new I am not being stringent on S days. My sis had a garage sale I promised to help her with. I was running late this morning, so decided to get a breakfast burrito at McD's. You know they have their drinks for a dollar, no matter what size you order. I am a soda freak, and have always ordered the large coke. You get more for your money! :? Anyway, I had an 'internal dialogue' with myself the whole 20 minute drive. 'You get more for your money ordering a large. But I don't really want that much soda. You can drink it later. I like water. But this is an S day. That doesn't mean I have to have it' and so on. Anyway, I ordered a medium and drank if over an hour. I know that isn't a big deal for many of you, but it is a BIG DEAL for me.

And then our friend and my sister's neighbor came over to the garage sale and brought us her famous Steak and Egg Breakfast Burritos. I just calmly said 'I already ate. Thanks anyway.' and went back to pricing stuff. I NEVER turn down food! And sis kept offering me goodies, like we usually do at garage sales (we have a couple a year). No thanks, I'm not hungry. It wasn't that I was trying to be strict. I just didn't want to eat at that time. And at 1:00 I said 'Okay, what's for lunch.' That is my lunch time, and I didn't even look at the clock! I ate my plate of lunch, a 2-bite pecan tart, and I was fine.

N days are leaking over into the weekend without me trying! What a surprise. A happy surprise!

Take care!

Cathy B
Weight Jan. 2010--252 lbs.
Weight starting Nos September 6, 2011--183.4 lbs.
Current weight--178.4 lbs
Goal weight (?)--140 lbs.

ksbrowne

Post by ksbrowne » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:31 pm

Congratulations!! You're catching on so quickly.

I had the same experience of N days leaking over into the weekend. For me, it was because I just felt so much better, after getting all the junk out of my system, that I didn't feel any need to overindulge, just because I was allowed to.

(I am Kathy B too. But with a K)

Kathy

determined

Post by determined » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Threadbenders....Wow!!! What a great two days! Congrats on such encouraging days. I'm glad you wrote about them....it's always exciting to hear stories of how this way of eating is changing us.

Well done!!!

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:48 am

Loved the internal dialogue. You'll start noticing how on N days, these discussions don't even come up eventually because most dickering involves something that is not an option. In fact, I'm here to remind myself that eating sweets today is not an option. (I had gotten out of my green N day habit.) boy this is helping! Judith Beck says make a card you carry that says NO Choice. This works too, but isn't as portable.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Threadbenders

Post by Threadbenders » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:17 am

Today was great, too! I had to go to Tucson (again!) for a dental appointment. My sister and I stopped at Macaroni Grill for lunch. I had a lunchtime special of World Chopped Salad with vinegrette, and Carmen's Pasta (pasta, bacon, chicken, grilled onions, a light sauce). Both items came to 3/4 of a plate, and I added a chunk of fresh bread.

The server offered us appetizers, special drinks, etc. I ate my plate (man was it yummy!), and had a glass of water with lemon slices.

Totally full. Totally satisfied. It was so good, and I didn't think for a moment about their tiramisu (okay, I did think about it, but only to plan on coming to the restaurant on an S day!)

Oh, and I finally told my sis about NoS. She wants to borrow my book!

Oh, and last S days I had 10 cans of soda over the weekend. Yeah, a lot, but less than before. This set of S days I had 5, and the last one was kinda 'eh'. Yay!

Yay! 8)
Weight Jan. 2010--252 lbs.
Weight starting Nos September 6, 2011--183.4 lbs.
Current weight--178.4 lbs
Goal weight (?)--140 lbs.

determined

Post by determined » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:31 am

I LOVE Macaroni Grill! There isn't one around here & that's probably a good thing for me...lol....

Congrats on another great day...

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh