Vitamin Water

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jinx

Vitamin Water

Post by Jinx » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:41 pm

Hey everyone! I am a newbie to this forum and diet. (wait, is there an introduce yourself forum anywhere?) Anyways, I searched my name on google and for some reason it came up with the No S Diet...i guess it was a true calling. Anyways...I spent a good 2 hours of my work day reading through all the information and posts and I didn't notice any mention or juice and drink like vitamin water (did i miss it somewhere?)
whats the outlook on vitamin water? Is it a noS?
thanks!

hja

Post by hja » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:02 pm

I don't know the nutrional breakdown of Vitamin Water, so I can't speak to that directly. Reinhard has spoken about liquid consumption before, though:

http://nosdiet.com/group/121.html

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:05 pm

Thank you! I actually came across that, but I was still confused after. Vitamin water isn't pop is my main argument. It has 13 grams of sugar though...and I guess that should send a red flag as a NoS...
I was just hesitant to give it up, I knew that the time would come :cry:

hja

Post by hja » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:34 pm

Just think of all the money you'll save by taking a multivitamin with normal water instead. :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:06 am

Hey Jinx! Nice to see you...
Vitamin water is a sugary bogus fancier version of Gatorade...

Sorry.. Yes it's an S...

It's also real expensive..
I agree with Holly...

Juice is okay though if it's not a quart a day.. Real juice, not juice "cocktails"...
Try squeezing it fresh if you can!

Good luck with NoS!
What are your personal goals?
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:32 am

Yeah, I figured...I was just hoping :-/ its alright though..I can live without it.
I just bought a huge bottle of smartwater, my cells "admit they have an impurity problem" at the moment :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:49 pm

Hi Jinx,

I don't know much about vitamin water. My understanding was that it's just water + artificial coloring + a vitamin tablet + astonishing markup, which should technically make it ok as far as no-s is concerned, but if I were you I'd stick with regular water/juice/food that contains vitamins. Cheaper, tastier, better.

Welcome!

Reinhard

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:55 pm

Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I plan on sticking to just water for now... Since the beginning of my atkins four days ago and the no S diet yesterday I am feeling less "bloated" (i guess the word is) and I got on the scale this morning and I am 2 lbs lighter. Which is good, but weight fluctuates so much, I wont know if I am actually lighter until sometime next week. Thanks for all the support!