Anyone a type 1 diabetic? or maybe type 2?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Tink117

Anyone a type 1 diabetic? or maybe type 2?

Post by Tink117 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:59 am

I am a type 1 diabetic and I'm on an insulin pump. After 10 days of NoSing, I've have 2 lows which ended up with my eating sugar to raise my blood sugar ( of course both happened on N days). I was wondering if there was anyone out there who was also a type 1 and could share how they deal with lows? I know sometimes type 2s experience lows as well... You can care to chime in as well. I am still very new to this new life style and I would appreciate advice/feedback from anyone who has experience with lows and N days. Thank you :)

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:41 pm

I'm not a diabetic but it goes without saying that managing your blood sugar comes first. If you need to eat a snack or a sweet then do it. Sickness is an S so it's not a fail.

determined

Post by determined » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Tink...I'm not a diabetic either, but I agree with Blithe that managing your blood sugar comes first. I certainly wouldn't think you've "failed" if you have to deal with that.

Would planning for a small snack help maintain your levels? I'm not educated on this at all, but I'm just wondering if a planned snack would be better than having your sugar level plummet and then giving you the false impression that you've somehow failed. Anyway, that's just a thought. Perhaps someone will chime in with more information...

janie
Last edited by determined on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

~hf

Post by ~hf » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:31 pm

If you are not doing this already, I would urge you to consider limiting your carb intake. Also, as determine suggested, a planned mid afternoon snack would be perfectly in line with No S. Good choices might be eggs, nuts, a piece of chicken or some other high protein food. Keep us updated on how things go...
SW 236.4
10/26/11 restart date
1st goal 21 day club !accomplished! 11/24/11
2nd goal 10% loss
3rd goal...????

3-0-7 girl

Re: Anyone a type 1 diabetic? or maybe type 2?

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:26 pm

I am Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetic and I am doing the NO S Diet successfully. I did it b4 it had a name and message boards back in the 90's for about 5 years with great success too.

I eat regular, everyday foods, and keep everything small and if I have a low between meals I have OJ to bring me back up. Works great!

I'll be happy to answer any questions or support you in any way I can.

:mrgreen:

Tink117 wrote:I am a type 1 diabetic and I'm on an insulin pump. After 10 days of NoSing, I've have 2 lows which ended up with my eating sugar to raise my blood sugar ( of course both happened on N days). I was wondering if there was anyone out there who was also a type 1 and could share how they deal with lows? I know sometimes type 2s experience lows as well... You can care to chime in as well. I am still very new to this new life style and I would appreciate advice/feedback from anyone who has experience with lows and N days. Thank you :)
3-0-7 girl

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God… (Dt. 11:26-28.)

Tink117

Re: Anyone a type 1 diabetic? or maybe type 2?

Post by Tink117 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:40 am

That is such a good tip! I never thought about a drink to help my blood sugar!! I am definitely going to try and stick with the 3 meals a day. If I see my blood sugar dropping, I can turn my pump off and have a drink of OJ or some juice.

Thank you all for your help :) I will make taking care of my diabetes a priority and do what I have to in order to bring my blood sugar back up.
3-0-7 girl wrote:I am Type 1 or Juvenile Diabetic and I am doing the NO S Diet successfully. I did it b4 it had a name and message boards back in the 90's for about 5 years with great success too.

I eat regular, everyday foods, and keep everything small and if I have a low between meals I have OJ to bring me back up. Works great!

I'll be happy to answer any questions or support you in any way I can.

:mrgreen:

Tink117 wrote:I am a type 1 diabetic and I'm on an insulin pump. After 10 days of NoSing, I've have 2 lows which ended up with my eating sugar to raise my blood sugar ( of course both happened on N days). I was wondering if there was anyone out there who was also a type 1 and could share how they deal with lows? I know sometimes type 2s experience lows as well... You can care to chime in as well. I am still very new to this new life style and I would appreciate advice/feedback from anyone who has experience with lows and N days. Thank you :)

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:17 pm

Let me know if I can help you with anything else at all. :mrgreen:
3-0-7 girl

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God… (Dt. 11:26-28.)