Knee Problem

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

seymour

Knee Problem

Post by seymour » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:07 am

I started "the no S Diet" three weeks ago and this is the plan for me! I have tried so many plans only to lose weight and gain it back again. I have lost eight pounds already and have the weekends to look forward to for sweets. (Usually I would have around ten servings of sweets per day!) Recently my knees have been bothering me and last week I had them x-rayed. They are bone on bone and I am going for a series of shots now. My doctor also said that I had to lose 65 pounds so they would feel better again. I am going to do this! Thanks Reinhard. You are wonderful for writing this book!!!

determined

Post by determined » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Kitty...I am so very sorry about your knees!

I'm glad to read that you've read the book. It's such a great resource, especially on those days when eating well is just plain difficult. I hope you'll come back here often...I wouldn't be doing nearly as well with this if I didn't have such amazing support. We're in this together & we CAN win this together.

Much success to you...janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

~hf

Post by ~hf » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:48 pm

It's great to hear that you should begin to feel better with some weight loss. No S is truly the best way to go. Hopefully you will be able to find an exercise you can tolerate to help speed things along. I love the 14 minute rule for this since that amount of time usually doesn't cause too much stress on the body. Keep us posted, we're here for you!

Heidi
SW 236.4
10/26/11 restart date
1st goal 21 day club !accomplished! 11/24/11
2nd goal 10% loss
3rd goal...????