Seem to be maintaining but not losing...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sammybunny711

Seem to be maintaining but not losing...

Post by Sammybunny711 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:28 pm

So...I have been trying to stay faithful to No S for the past couple of months and even when I don't slip up, I do not seem to lose weight. I don't gain weight, but I don't seem to lose weight. Of course, I fall into one of those short/non-overweight/female categories. I am 5'3" and weight between 135 and 140. I would like to weigh between 120-125. I'm just a little too high for comfort, if ya know what I mean.

I do NOT eat the healthiest meals in the world (other than whole grains and such.) I know I need to eat more vegetables and fruits. I know I need to limit fatty meats and such, but I was wondering if any of you are having issues with merely maintaining and not losing?
Height: 5'4"
Highest weight: 210.4
Current Weight: 197.3
Goal Weight: 125-135

*^..^711

BrightAngel

Re: Seem to be maintaining but not losing...

Post by BrightAngel » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 pm

"Sammybunny711"
I was wondering if any of you are having issues
with merely maintaining and not losing?
I am 5'0" and over 60 years old.
I have been maintaining a large weight-loss for more than 6 years.
As a "reduced obese" person, my situation is a bit different than some.

Nevertheless, I'll chime in here to say,
that during the past 3 years, no matter what I do,

no matter how little I eat, or how much I exercise,
Whether I do intermittent fasting, avoid specific foods,
increase or decrease my calories, (BTW increasing always leads to gaining)

my body will not drop any more weight,
AND, in fact, even while working like crazy to maintain,
doing even better than I did 3 years ago,
I am now maintaining at about 5 lbs heavier than I did 3 years ago.

This is just a report of the facts about my own body.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:33 pm

I know what you mean. I am not usually real overweight (right now I'm pregnant) about an uncomfortable 10 lbs. I had to change no s to work for me. I'm 5'4' if I do vanilla no s I can be 135 if I want my dream weight of 125 I have to use smaller plates, have one s day and usually have a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:54 pm

For me to get my BMI lower even though it was in the healthy range, I had to reduce the amount I ate and increase my exercise.

I also have to make sure that my meals include lots of fruit and veggies. Half my meal at dinner needs to be veggies. Plus I do daytime vegetarian where I don't eat meat during the day. I also avoid cheese as well, though I do eat yogurt and salad dressing with buttermilk.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:41 am

I maintained on Vanilla No S for several months (after a 22-lb. loss) and unfortunately have had a lot of failures since I went back to work in July, so I've gained a little. I'm still down 9% of my weight, and by scientific standards, that's good! However, when I was N day compliant, I went overboard on S days and still do.

You are [just] inside your normal BMI range, so it might take a little more precision.

I think you also already answered your question. More veggies, less fatty meat, etc.

I know Reinhard has talked about Brian Wansink and the Mindless Eating book. I was browsing his site today and saw that they sell a set of dishes with a kanji (I think) logo that is a Japanese prescription for healthy eating: eat until 80% full. (Wansink claims that there is more than just being small that influences whether we eat less from a plate. I noticed that most of them were white or creamy-colored and had a border on them. Not what I prefer and my overeating is done on food that ain't on a plate!)
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)