Hello! I am a nOOb

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Okaybear

Hello! I am a nOOb

Post by Okaybear » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi all!

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. Real name's Karen, you can call me that or Okaybear. This is my first day on this NoS journey, and I'm excited as all get out.

I recently started as a personal trainer (NSCA-CPT), so I'm already a lover of exercise and fitness. However, I've found that I've slipped into a mentality that tells me: "Oh, you exercise like a demon, you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want!"

Except...I've gained a substantial amount of weight in the past couple of years. Now, no worries, I'm actually still in the "healthy" BMI range for my height, but I now accept that my habits are slowly pushing me in the direction of weight gain, and I'd like to nip that pattern in the bud.

My goals are small and simple - I would like to lose a small amount of weight (really, no more than 10-15 lbs), in a safe, sane way. I heard about the NoS Diet on a fitness site I've also recently joined (www.fitocracy.com), and I thought it sounded like such great common sense. Moderation I can live with? Yes, please!

I'm not a big sweet-eater anyway...salty snacks and second helpings are MUCH more my downfall...so these rules seem quite doable to me.

Thanks for reading the ramble. I look forward to working this NoS program! :)

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Nice to "meet" you. I think you'll really enjoy this supportive community.

determined

Post by determined » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:55 am

Nice to have you here!

I ask everyone who is new if they've read the book - it's a great resource!

Much success to you...

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:42 am

Welcome!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Okaybear

Post by Okaybear » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi guys! Thanks for the welcome.

@determined: No, I have not yet read the book. I think I am going to try to be very strict in the Vanilla NoS rules and see where that takes me first. If I find that I'm failing or not getting results, I'll probably check out the book to see what I'm doing that needs tweaking.

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:31 am

Hi and welcome. When I first saw your post I thought you called yourself a nob.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy