Not NOS Vanilla but is this complete surrender?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

john

Not NOS Vanilla but is this complete surrender?

Post by john » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:40 am

Here I am again with my continuing problem of gnawing hunger between meals. It does not seem to matter what or how much I eat at meal time, I get uncomfortably hungry at the same times each day. I don't even need to wear a watch.

I have reverted to two snacks, popcorn in the AM and raw veggies in the afternoon. This gets me to lunch and supper comfortably with minimal calories. Of course those healthy foods run counter to the diet suggested for Irritable Bowel Syndrome so time will tell which problem is the lesser of the two.

Bobcat

Post by Bobcat » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:07 pm

John, I also have the problem of uncomfortable hunger between meals! I know exactly what the time is too! But I've got over it by keeping very busy, and occasionally having juice or milk. My first hunger time is 11am, so at 10.30 I get really stuck into something that I know will take me an hour, and I find the hunger passes! Diluted juice drank throughout the day also help, and if I'm desperate a glass of milk or cup of milky tea/coffee.

I am learning to ignore the hunger, and some days are better than other! Just remember that hunger isn't a bad thing! If I'm struggling I tell myself we are very lucky to have such abundance of food, we don't know what real hunger feels like, and that there are people in this world who are a lot hungrier than I am "right now" every day. Very sad, but it helps me a lot!

Anyway, good luck if you can stick to your meals and snacks. My other thought was could you have 4 meals split evenly so you are not eating 5 times a day?

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Everyone gets hungry as mealtime approaches. Let yourself be hungry, and you will enjoy the meal even more. You will also eventually develop the 3 meal habit. If you absolutely must snack at first then stick to a beverage..milk or tomato juice are my personal recommendations.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:34 am

John, if you have a health condition such as IBS, I should think the priority would be to manage that first and then try to adapt No S to those limitations.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:17 am

You don't say what you did about your meals to try to alleviate the problem.

If you really believe you will always have access to the "right" snack foods, I guess snacks will work for you. It's just that statistically, they increase calorie intake for most people.

It's your call, but you are messing with the system.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:25 am

A book called Breaking the Viscous Cycle is a good one for ideas on what to eat with IBS. You can still NO S with it too.

8)
3-0-7 girl

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God… (Dt. 11:26-28.)