CELEBRATING SUCCESS!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

CELEBRATING SUCCESS!!!

Post by Sweetness » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:32 pm

This quote is from my own daily check in today. I got excited and I love to celebrate success! So I thought I'd start a new "Celebrating Success!" thread here, cause I love reading other people's successes too! Post your successes here big or small!!
Sweetness wrote:I just went to my HabitCal and filled in December for No S, because I had posted here all the days, I could do it (not for walking, just for No S diet)... I like what I see-- I'm seeing a lot of GREEN! I like to celebrate success! :lol: :mrgreen:

I only had two red days and two NWS days in December!! There were lots of sweet eating opportunities that I passed up, but I ate all I wanted on the weekends. So even though I gained a couple pounds in December, I will lose it, and other years I would have gained at least 5 pounds, so this is Big success!!! Happy New Year with no regrets food wise!! Maybe for the first time in my life, because I have spent holiday seasons on a strict diet before, but then I had lots of regrets food wise. I regretted not being able to eat desserts and Christmas cookies! I felt very deprived. Thanks Reinhard! I love the No S diet!!!
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:39 am

Congratulations! You've had 27 GREEN days in the hardest month of the year. If you can do this in December, then you can do it anytime!

My success: I've maintained during the holidays. Haven't gained so much as a gram.
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:57 pm

I went to an event last night at which I could have eaten delicious food that I would normally love to get, but I wasn't a bit hungry, even though I had eaten lunch at around 1 pm, and an extra cookie around 4 pm. I chose not to eat even though I "could" on an S day. It wasn't that hard and I felt much better going to bed and even waking up. It's almost 11:30 a.m., and I'm still not very hungry. I've had a problem with continuing to want to eat even though I don't feel hungry, and even though I don't feel very good when I actually do eat. It's a big success for me that I didn't eat just because I could! I know some people get used to that sooner than I did, but it feels good today to have waited for it.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:03 pm

mrsj, thanks!

Oolala, Isn't it great when our whole attitude toward food changes?
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.