so I'm here again after baby #4

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jellybeans01

so I'm here again after baby #4

Post by jellybeans01 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:46 pm

well plan was to do no s through pregnancy and hopefully gain about 25lbs...but... that did not happen I went from 132 all the way to 168 yikes, and what is worse? I had a tiny baby and came hope basically with the same weight. So I have managed to get back down to 150 and I am going to be a good s'er and get back to 130ish. My plan is to keep up with the daily check in and my first goal of being vanilla for 21 days.
To be honest, sometimes this diet discourages me because I don't really see people on her much who have really gotten trim and have been successful

jmjprayforus

Congratulations!

Post by jmjprayforus » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:38 pm

What an exciting time- a new baby! I have five kids and what I'd give for a 6th!

In regards to No S....I would check the sticky testimonials for some encouraging signs of success, but ALSO, I have been on MANY boards like this- people gain, lose, gain, lose....it's a vicious cycle.
I have been doing No S for ten days....it's a no brainer program, easy to do with babies and children and families and work and activities- no special anything of days, no counting, no crazy food, but IT DOES come off slowly....and then on those S days, you do go up a small amount and you must decide how much you are going to go up or are you going to enjoy, but not go bonkers....
Permanent weight loss requires movement- ie- exercise...something I haven't done much of forever....many diets completely ignore that or give a small nod to it and when you go off the bandwagon- well, you know the rest.
YOu can do it! I weighed in on a Saturday morning and got started...I will weigh in on saturday mornings to get real ...and made a goal to move (walk) for 30 mins many times per week, try and drink more water and stay No S...
You have 18 # to go, lose it sensibly and will stay gone, lose it in a crazy fad diet like I did many times and 7 years later, I have 80# to lose....I have ruined my metabolism and sabotaged my success.

You can do it, now go and hug that baby!

sheepish

Post by sheepish » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:44 am

I'm TTC my first at the moment and one of the things that motivates me with No S is that I would like to model good food habits for my children. I don't want my kids to see me eat immoderately and do that themselves. I don't want my kids to think that snacking is normal. I don't want them to think that it's normal to eat sweet things and treat foods every day. Another diet might get me to lose weight faster but it wouldn't establish good habits for life, habits that I can pass on to my (hypothetical as yet) children.

Have a look through the testimonials page for inspiration.

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Congratulations on the arrival of your little one! So exciting! ... So far as No S goes, you can do this. Those extra pounds will be off before you know it! :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Welcome back! Wow, 4 is impressive. I can barely handle 2.

Reinhard

kwidener7

Post by kwidener7 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 pm

I had my first in July and I wish I could say I only gained 36 pounds (only one over the recommended range for healthy weight individuals, btw. Don't be too hard on yourself)! I gained at least 70! No S went completely out the window for me once the first trimester aversions and constant queasiness hit. I had a big baby 8lbs 10oz, but certainly not that big! I was always and I mean ALWAYS hungry with that kid and it didn't get change in the third trimester when he was taking up so much room! :oops: :shock:

Anyway, I keep saying I should get back on the No S wagon, but I'm still so freaking hungry most of the time since he still nurses like a champ. Hungry fetus = hungry baby! :D I'm keeping it in the back of my head since he's now starting the weaning process.

You also didn't say how long ago you had your baby. I surprisingly dropped around 35 pounds in the first two weeks (I had a lot of retained water thanks to godawful heat)! And I dropped a lot more after 4 months. I would say you're doing good so far with your weight loss, especially with baby number 4! Keep up the good work and I know No S with work for you!

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi there! I have four also. Like JMJ I would love more myself. I think this no s works so well with families because I don't want to spend so much time figuring out what I am going to eat and not eat! I would rather spend it with my kids.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:41 am

Hi! I am SO glad I caught this thread! I just had my 2nd baby 5 months ago, and during my pregnancy, my good eating habits went totally out the window, and I gained 62 pounds (!!!). I have dropped 32 pounds so far, which means I have 30 pounds to go. I have tried doing calorie counting off and on, but now that I have two kids and my older son is extremely busy (he's 4), I don't have time to sit and log my food intake, count calories, etc... I want something that's simple and sustainable for me. I was pretty much doing No S before getting pregnant (I just allowed myself a small amount of sweets each day), and I want to get back to doing that again.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:26 pm

Hey, clarinetgal, I remember you! Welcome back.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:14 am

Thanks! :D