New here - made it through the first 3 weeks

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

adrian

New here - made it through the first 3 weeks

Post by adrian » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:00 am

Hi all, I've been reading the forums now and doing No S for three weeks and figured that since I'm through that first initiation stage, it might be nice to say Hi!

I decided on Dec. 31, 2011 to change things. I'm 40, I'm a mother of four, I've beaten cancer but now was time to beat the weight and unhealthiness.

I have tried every fad diet in the world and always failed. I hate counting calories. I wanted to eat more sensibly, but I was, like so many misguided, following the "eat five or six small meals" idea and getting discouraged. No S just clicked in my head - I found it through a pin on Pinterest. I bought the book, read it, and realized this was something I could do forever.

I hate scales so I don't know how much weight I've lost in three weeks. I know I've lost something. I also began exercising. My first week walking I was averaging 20 minute miles. Tonight I walked/jogged two miles in 35 minutes. :) I feel like a brand new person, and the best thing is, I know I can do this the rest of my life. I have had only one Failed day in three weeks. My S days have been manageable.

My mods, if anyone is interested: I start my S days on Friday at 5:00 pm and they run until Sunday lunch. If I eat sweets, it's something I make myself. No pre-packaged, store bought cookies or cakes. I love to bake, and this way I know that I am using fresh, natural ingredients. I bake something, eat what I want, then give the rest away. I'm a teacher, and taking leftover cake and putting it in the workroom earns me plenty of compliments on my baking skill and makes me feel good when I re-start my S days on Mondays. :)

So there you have it...this is me and I'm looking forward to getting to know more people and continuing on the journey with you. I'm a No S fan for life and I've been telling everyone about it and converting my family members. My daughter is in college, and after reading No S, realized that her freshman 15 came from the all-you-can-eat dining halls. She is now committed to one plateful and no snacks, and is excited about getting the weight down.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:29 am

Congratulations!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Welcome, and congratulations on your success!
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 am

Nice job!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Welcome, Adrian! Congratulations on your success and using NoS to reach your healthy goals!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

losingforgood

Made it through the first 3 weeks

Post by losingforgood » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Congrats, Adrian! Keep it up, girl! I can't wait to report my first 21 days, especially after reading your post :D
I Corinthians 10:13-14; "No temptation has ceased you except what is common to man..."