How Long..............????

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Darcy shea

How Long..............????

Post by Darcy shea » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:27 pm

How long does this nos dit ...lifestyle.... take to lose pounds and inches ....both but really how long did it take you?to lose how much i need to drop pounds now!!!!!!!!!!!! my legs are bulking and my stomache is actually...over my pants now!!! :shock: like thoseguys eyes...ok well mabey i am overreacting but seriously i think that i shouldnt be at thus point right now. so can you just tell me how long does it take?!?!?!?!!?!?!

-Darcy
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: haha dont you just love this guy??!?!!?

navin

Post by navin » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:59 pm

How long it takes depends on a lot of things - how well you stick to the plan, whether you also add in some exercise, how much weight you really have to lose... and probably several others. As for me, it has taken me nearly 2-1/2 years to work off about 30 lbs., and I estimate I have maybe another 10 or or so to go. That 30 lbs represents a drop from size 36 or 38 to size 34 pants (and those are starting to feel a little loose).

So it takes time, but it's worth it!
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

pangelsue

How Long..........

Post by pangelsue » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:02 am

Thanks for the reality check. I love the diet. Now I know that I just need to take the focus off the daily expectation to lose. You are all an inspiration in patience. Fast doesn't last but I think this could. By the time it's all lost, it's a habit.

Kevin

How fast?

Post by Kevin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:08 am

It depends on how much food you are cutting out, and if you are willing to raise your exercise level. While there is some plateauing and seasonal variation, it really is a simple equation.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:36 pm

Darcy,

You didn't get fat overnight, you aren't going to get skinny overnight (without making really dangerous tradeoffs that are probably going to backfire long term).

There is a big range with the nos-diet, but for most people it's slow, and it's safest to budget for that. Slow is good in terms of health and habit, but it's tough in terms of staying motivated. I don't know what to advise you except "brace yourself, you've got to be in this for the long haul."

At the very least, no-s should stop you from gaining, even short term. Given the rate at which most of us would be gaining otherwise, this is not a negligible benefit -- especially considering that it's done pleasurably and sustainably. I'm confident that long term, most people would lose weight doing no-s without additional exercise (I lost 20 pounds before starting shovelglove or urban ranger). Still, I wouldn't recommend skipping exercise. Besides being a good in itself, extra exercise will certainly speed things up. And it won't take much, once no-s has halted gaining's advance. Attacking the problem from two fronts means you can be moderate on both fronts, which is critical, because crazy exertions, though exciting and effective in the short term, are unsustainable and disastrous when they collapse.

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:17 pm

Long Live Reinhard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink: Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness