Update and encouragement

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

silverfish

Update and encouragement

Post by silverfish » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:54 am

No-S, for those who want to lose weight, can seem slow at times, but looking back it is startling how quickly all that weight went. It's like watching grass growing - you don't see anything if you keep looking, but turn your back for a couple of days and it's over your waist and the landlord is getting grumpy.

I had a few "slow" months (really readjustment months, I suspect, I didn't gain weight and my clothes got a bit looser) and now I'm down again. In fact, on Saturday morning I was a clear 95kg, and that was after starting the S-day at twilight on Friday :) That's 15 kg (30/33 pounds) since June/July last year, and something like three dress sizes.

In retrospect, that is a lot of weight loss in less than a year - certainly more than I'd lost in the 25 previous years :) And I know that in a few more months I'll look back with the same feeling of mild elation, knowing its a path I would never have gone down on a conventional diet.

I may even start exercising :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:14 am

Lovely!!!!!!!
I am elated for you Silverfish!!!

Good luck with exercise!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

juniebumble

Post by juniebumble » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:00 am

Silverfish, Congratulations!!!!! I love to hear success stories. Knowing that there are more people out there who kept it up long enough to see great results (even with the "readjustment" time) anchors my resolve. Thanks for sharing your success!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:07 pm

Congratulations! And thank you for posting this, silverfish.

A lot of people have been having trouble gaining that initial traction recently, and as juniebumble points out, a story like this is better inspiration than any "do this, do that" advice.

Reinhard