Instant Cup a Soups

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Slimforxmas2012

Instant Cup a Soups

Post by Slimforxmas2012 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Are instant cup a soups allowed between meals - they are liquid and stave off chocolate attacks when genuinely hungry.
Annie

Nicest of the Damned

Re: Instant Cup a Soups

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Slimforxmas2012 wrote:Are instant cup a soups allowed between meals - they are liquid and stave off chocolate attacks when genuinely hungry.
Do you consider them food or a beverage? You want to get out of the habit of having anything that you consider to be food between meals.

I consider them food, so they would not be allowed for me. A cup of hot chocolate or a glass of chocolate milk, on the other hand, I consider a beverage, so that would be OK.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 pm

A beverage is something I use to slake my thirst. I wouldn't drink a soup if I were thirsty, especially a cup a soup which has tons of sodium.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:56 pm

I make a lot of stocks for soups. Early on when No-Sing, yes, I would salt the hell out of some stock and sip on it if I was getting the food urge, especially for something savory, and it was not meal time. So, I guess extrapolating from that, a cup of bouillon would be okay.

But if it has like dehydrated chicken or noodles or stuff? That's food.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:02 pm

I drink broth (no solids) in a cup sometimes between meals or if I get home very hungry before making dinner. Some cultures put salt in their tea. I regard it like that. But only if I am genuinely hungry. I drink mocha for hunger as well and don't regard it as a fail even though it's not for thirst. I'll have regular tea or other beverages even if I'm not hungry just for thirst.

It's a personal call. Just use it judiciously and let it drop when it doesn't seem necessary anymore.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)