I need help :(

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CSweet

I need help :(

Post by CSweet » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:42 pm

I can't take it anymore!

I'm totally preoccupied with food and weight loss. I can't even stop counting calories in my head when I eat....yet I still can't stop eating!

I have got to get off this diet roller coaster, start thinking about something else besides food, and lose this darn 35 lbs.

I think this is my last hope.

brotherjohn

Post by brotherjohn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Dear CSweet,

I'm so glad to see you aboard ! You're in the right place!

:D

John
"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." --St. Paul

Read my free weekly devotional rural adventures at:

www.countrypreacherdad.com

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Welcome, CSweet. No S could be just what you are looking for.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

sarahkay

Post by sarahkay » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:32 pm

After a week or two of success I find I think less about food. And I am totally obsessed with body image and diet so I feel ya! Try it out!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Don't give up if it takes longer than you want. Later, you can add in purposeful redirecting of your thoughts.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Oh, God... I feel for you.

I think you'll find that No-S will be a great help to you in sorting a lot out and getting some normality into your life in terms of food and eating.

Some things that are normal:

1. Being hungry before a meal.
2. Eating three full meals a day.
3. Eating tasty food at your meals.
4. Looking forward to meals.

We've gotten so screwed up about food and eating in our culture. One of the things I love about No-S is that hey, EATING IS OKAY. Overeating isn't good for your body or possibly even your life habit, sure. But eating and enjoying meals is so completely and utterly normal. Our stupid diet culture acts like food is the enemy. It's not. It's sustaining. It's pleasurable. Pleasure is okay. What No-S does is put a nice, healthy limit on those pleasures.

When trying to sort out some of my silly diet-induced behavivors, I really did let my N-day plates be whatever non-sweet I was craving. I had some weird meals. One day it was a baked potato with lots of butter for breakfast, another day it was (No kidding) a plate of roasted Brussels sprouts for lunch. Another day, fish-n-chips. As long as it wasn't snacking, and was one plate, I was golden. I often felt like a naughty child sticking my tongue out at society who said I was supposed only to eat salads. (Which I like, but for pity's sake, a salad isn't virtuous where french fries are morally reprehensible).

Did I lose a lot of weight?

No.

Tell ya what, though. I didn't GAIN an ounce. It might have been less than a pound a month, but I was LOSING. The glacial pace was better than the yo-yo dieting I did the first forty years of my life.

What I did do was get out of the whole idiotic Evil Foods mentality of dieting and learned to enjoy my food again.

If you've dieted a lot of your life and especially if you've been yo-yoing, getting your relationship to food straightened out and get used to actually eating three meals a day will do wonders for you, no matter your dress size.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:16 pm

I used to be the same way, and tend to slip into that insanity when I slip off NoS. This is the ONLY sane plan I have found. It's the way my skinny great grandparents ate and I think its the only "normal" for today's lifestyle. Listening to hunger is probably right too, but totally undoable for a food addict like me. Wishing you perseverance....
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me