Baked Potatoes!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

stoogeswoman

Baked Potatoes!

Post by stoogeswoman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm not really new to the forum but haven't posted for quite a while.

I got seduced by the Atkins diet and have been trying the "low carb" thing for a while.

But as I think anyone else who's tried it will understand, I got bored by it pretty quickly - and never did get that miraculous weight loss that so many people (especially online) claim they got after the "induction period".

(One thing I've learned the hard way over the years: if anyone says that their current diet plan caused their fat to "melt away", they're either lying through their teeth or they have some horrible disease. Fat does NOT melt away. It just creeps away into a dark, secret hiding place, where it waits patiently for the slightest sign that you've put out the welcome mat for it again.)

Anyway, I'm giving the "No S" diet another chance because it remains the single most sensible diet plan I've ever come across.

Plus my husband is totally on board with it because we BOTH love potatoes for dinner, and while I was on Atkins I couldn't bring myself to make them - even though I really really really craved them. Mmm, potatoes! :D

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Welcome back to No-S and dietary sanity.

I also love potatoes and they're a big part of my diet.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Urban Ranger

Post by Urban Ranger » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:57 pm

Hey, I just found my way back here today, too. Great for both of us and it sure is a blessing to have the husband on board. Last time I did No S it was just me. This time my husband has joined and that makes it easier, I think.

Anyhoo, I'm glad you're back and I'm glad I'm back, too! Enjoy your potatoes!

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:10 pm

I hear you!!!! Potatoes are a no o for many dieters and one of my faveorite things to eat. It's amazing to be able to eat guilt free, and important to eat food you really like.

megran

Post by megran » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:31 pm

I did lowcarb off and on since 2001. First with Carbohydrate Addict's Diet and lost 20 lbs ... it crept back on (I was 23).

Then did Paleo off and on to lose weight quickly, but just couldn't maintain it.

A girlfriend told me about this site and I'm down 8 lbs in 10 days. (I was 173 and was 164 this morning on scale). It just blows my mind. I am LOVING food again (still!)

Just giving a high-5 from another reformed lowcarber :)
Every day you do one of two things: build health or produce disease in yourself. -Adele Davis

no s started June 27, 180 lbs
Goal (155) reached 8/7/12
Surpassed goal and am 145 as of June 24, 2013

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Mmmm... potatoes!! :wink:
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Nothing to stop you from having a starchless meal if you desire it, but I've lost all my weight eating moderate portions of starch at just about every meal. Who knows, maybe I could be skinnier with fewer carbs, but it doesn't seem worth it at this point. The best thing is when you get the habit down, you can experiment to your heart's content.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)