Beginning tomorrow 7/22/12

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

littlegreendog

Beginning tomorrow 7/22/12

Post by littlegreendog » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Well I just turned 49 last week. I am a stay at home mom to two teenagers who has gained about 80 pounds in the last 18 years since I got married and had my girls. I have literally tried every single diet out there. Atkins, nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, Low Carb, Vegan, Raw Food Living, McDougall, and of course Weight Watchers!! My problem is I am a perfectionist and eat out of boredom and stress. If I ever went off a tiny bit, i'd binge the rest of the day. Well I have more of those days than perfect days. I actually found this "diet" The no S diet by googling "grandmas diet" (LOL), because my grandma who lived a very healthy life to 96 ate whatever she wanted, but 3 small meals a day. No worrying about food groups, counting anything, or diet foods. Everyone at the same thing and we were all healthy! Well I found the No S diet that way. And it makes perfect sense and I was so happy that there are other people eating and losing weight this way! I can now plan meals for the whole family and eat what I want to eat! I am very excited to have found this place and look forward to this new journey of "no more dieting" and eating healthy and losing weight!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:48 am

Welcome to grandma's place. Try not to be too concerned with the weight loss at first, though it may happen quickly. Most don't lose it all and then keep it off, as so many people wish they could do on "diets." You've seen how that works. Just keep going and be honest about your appetite. You'll have fun!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Jethro

Re: Beginning tomorrow 7/22/12

Post by Jethro » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:18 am

littlegreendog wrote: my grandma who lived a very healthy life to 96 ate whatever she wanted, but 3 small meals a day. No worrying about food groups, counting anything, or diet foods.
Welcome littlegreendog. My grandpa lived to 99 and ate the same way. Hopefully we'll get there!
"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."
- Vince Lombardi

Sometimes you need to take one step back for every two steps forward.

Time heals everything!

90% of a diet is 60% mental

mimi

Post by mimi » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Welcome littlegreendog! You will love NoS and the freedom it provides within its structure, however, don't get blown off track the first time you eat a sweet or snack or have seconds when it's not an S day...if you do this long enough, it is bound to happen. There is a saying on these boards that when that happens, you will need to learn to "mark it and move on." Mark it as on your habitcal or whatever tracking device for success you're using. (I personally like to use my kitchen calendar where it is always in plain view. I enjoy seeing lots of green!)
It took me a lot of work to learn to do that, being a bit of a perfectionist when it came to dieting myself! Keep posting and let us know how you're doing. I know you will find the folks on this board very kind, helpful, and encouraging. I do!

Best wishes on your NoS journey!
Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Welcome, littlegreendog!

You could always start today: Sunday, therefore an S day, so you would already have a successful day under your belt when starting your first N day tomorrow.

Very best wishes.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.