3rd Time's a Charm?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sarahkay

3rd Time's a Charm?

Post by sarahkay » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:01 pm

I would loooove to hear stories from those of you who have been successfully No Sing... but didn't quite make it "stick" on your first attempt! What finally made it stick for you? What do you like about it? What do you not like? I would love to hear about your experiences!

<3 Sarah

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:10 am

you know the best thing that I do is if I do mess up I just let it go and continue on the diet. I don't think there has ever been a perfect week for me honestly. I do the no s after all my last three babies. I had 4 in 4 years. This diet has always gotten me back to my size 4-6 jeans. It takes awhile but it works. I also make it work in that I have small plates, and maybe 2 or 3 s events and not a whole day. The key I believe, move forward. If you mess up just don't give up. Start right the next meal.

eschano

Post by eschano » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:15 am

Great idea for a thread Sarah. Looking forward to reading this too.

And Jellybeans: 4 babies in 4 years is quite impressive. How do you even handle looking after kids that close in age? Impressive, really.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:02 pm

jellybeans01 wrote: The key I believe, move forward. If you mess up just don't give up. Start right the next meal.
How rightfully so. With NOS you are always one meal away from getting back on track!
"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."
- Vince Lombardi

Sometimes you need to take one step back for every two steps forward.

Time heals everything!

90% of a diet is 60% mental

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:35 pm

Not sure if I qualify because I had a perfect 12 weeks when I started, but I wobbled plenty for months at a time in the first and second year. But still plugging away and grateful. Can't see not doing this forever.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

noni

Post by noni » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:53 pm

sarahkay, In 2009, I began No S and within a few months, I lost 20 lbs. I only had another 5-10 lbs to go to be within a normal BMI. I might have made it but the wild S days that never relaxed, stalled my weight. Discouragement set in and consequently, more and more red popped up on N days. Technically, I gave up No S and regained all my weight back. But I didn't gain extra pounds as I usually did when ending a diet. With the No S habits I had ingrained in me, there were days that I didn't always HAVE to have dessert, I didn't graze between meals much either.

I've often wanted to kick myself for letting go of No S just because of a few problems with control. So I again started June 1, of the year. I'm 3 years older, well into menopause and the weight is coming off more slowly then before. But I'm more "educated" now and for the S days I follow the eat-my-snacks-in-front-of-others mod that's on the recent podcast. It helps a lot.

I don't store much goodies in the freezer this time around waiting for the weekend. This was a big undoing for me. I won't buy a multipack of my favorite chocolate bars any more. What a joke! Everytime I passed my stash on an S day, I'd throw one down the hatch. I just get a single bar now, but not every week. This time I'm older and wiser and more relaxed. I'm enjoying it more then last time, because of the frenzy of squirreling up goodies is over and so I'm not haunted by them getting freezer burn :)