Summer Experiment is Over

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

Summer Experiment is Over

Post by Over43 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:17 am

Well I was weighed this week, and I can say my summer experiment is over.

I ate what I wanted, but upped my aerobic work substantially over the previous nine months. (Started May 18, 2012)

My result: I didn't measure, but my shoulders, arms, hips and legs are thinner. (The mirror tells me this...)

I still am wearing 34 pants comfortably.

My weight reduced by...hang on...5 pounds.

Not as much as I hoped, but better than a gain- obviously.

What can I take from this?

I can lose with exercise and not dieting (minimally). I certainly didn't see the 30 lbs. lost that Kenneth Cooper was claiming his Air Force subjects were losing in the 60's, but I think they ate differently (3 meals), and the chemical make up of their food was different 40+ years ago.

After Labor Day I'll do my best to restart No S. I have started re-reading the book which gives me motivation.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:58 am

My summer experiment (unintentionally) was going back to eating sweets. Whether it was having a peanut butter cup or two or three a day or some ice cream every other night...and not keeping up on working out beyond some long walks here and there. Lesson learned. I just completed my first 5 N days in a row in what seems like ages. I am really proud of myself. Not only have I stuck to it, but I started back at the gym. I know a lot of people do not want to work out, but the calories need to get burned somehow and I'm not into starving myself. It seems much easier to burn calories and actually lose weight now that I am taking in less calories by limiting my S's.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

Too solid flesh

Re: Summer Experiment is Over

Post by Too solid flesh » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:32 pm

Over43 wrote:my shoulders, arms, hips and legs are thinner. (The mirror tells me this...)

I still am wearing 34 pants comfortably.

My weight reduced by...hang on...5 pounds.
Congratulations, Over43. It's great to be finding what levels of eating and exercise you need, and to achieve that weight loss without dieting is really impressive.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Were you hungry most times you ate what you wanted?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Over43

Post by Over43 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:58 am

No, I wasn't overly hungry.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79