2 pound gain

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Goodcooker

2 pound gain

Post by Goodcooker » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:19 am

Two weeks into this and on my "N" days follow it right to the letter. On "S" day (no special occassions yet just weekends) I eat a few things like muffins, sweet breads, few glasses of wine. But I am not binging. Is this common after only two weeks to gain a couple pounds. I'm not stressing too much about it. Yet. Any thoughts?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:47 am

It's not at all unusual, especially if you were restricting the foods you ate prior to starting No-S or are loading your plates at meal time to avoid being hungry between meals.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Dale

Post by Dale » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 am

My weight often seems to naturally fluctuate and I can gain or lose two pounds in a day, so if it was me, I wouldn't worry.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:15 am

Good for you to be right on habit the first two weeks. Some people do experience an initial gain. As wosnes said, there are a lot of variables. It also has a lot to do with how overweight you are, how much you are exercising, how quickly or slowly you normally lose weight, etc. Most people adjust what they eat as time goes on once they learn how much they need at meals to keep themselves satisfied. The best thing No S taught me was to listen to my body and not some artificial counting system in my meal choices. I still overindulge at times, but overall I now make healthier choices in what I eat. This includes my S day choices too.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Goodcooker

Post by Goodcooker » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:27 pm

I am 5.5 and 162 lbs. My long term goal is 145. I have been low carbing for about a year. I have been adding a little bread back into my diet. Just a couple times a week though. A sweet potato here and there and some buttercup squash. My body probably just needs some time to adjust. Hey...all I have is time, right? I am willing to give this my all. I REALLY want this to work. I just LOVE this way of eating. It almost seems too good to be true! Even my husband mentioned this past weekend that I seem "happier" and less stressed.
Last edited by Goodcooker on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

milliem

Post by milliem » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Depending what you've eaten and when, and when you weigh you could show a 2 pound difference within a day! I wouldn't worry too much, look for long term trends :)

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:49 am

Transitioning from low carb could definitely explain it. However, it is worth the battle. No S teaches you sane eating habits that you can tweak and adjust until you get it right. It is so nice to not be the one who is always on a diet. The no s restrictions are simple and unobtrusive. They are not always easy, but they are simple to follow.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:37 pm

r.jean wrote:Transitioning from low carb could definitely explain it.
I agree. The first weight you lose when starting low carb is water; the first weight you gain when you go off low carb is water. Give this time, it works!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:56 pm

milliem wrote:Depending what you've eaten and when, and when you weigh you could show a 2 pound difference within a day! I wouldn't worry too much, look for long term trends :)
yes...
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness