* * * December challenge * * *

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

* * * December challenge * * *

Post by ~reneew » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:48 pm

I challenge you to publicly set a goal for the month of December and tell us how it goes!
This is for anybody who needs encouragement and daily accountability, and boy do i need accountability during the holidays! Think of this as your own little cheering section.

- post your progress once at the top with your goal and edit that first post all month. It's easier to skim-read and find each other. Accountability helps!
- please re-read that last one, some people don't get it.
- after a couple days we can post encouragements and support at the bottom.
- anyone can start whenever through out the month. The more ~ the merrier!
- good luck and have fun with it!
Last edited by ~reneew on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Oh my.
Winter is when I gain (see my daily page 1 for ugly details).
But this year its all going to change! The only goal I REALLY want to meet is to maintain this weight through Christmas. I know the scale shouldn't be the measure, but it is a definite one and long-term which I think I need right now. I will weigh the same (or less hahahaha) on the morning of December 28th as I do now on Nov. 30th. (Fridays are my lowest) My reward will be an S day on New years eve. To do this I've re-arranged my Sdays instead of adding 4 more. Also... no pie for breakfast!!! That kinda starts me off on a bad note. duh.
December
1 :wink: S day off to a nice start!
2 :wink: bad... but I find that now that I'm looking at long-term goals, I care more about my S days. It hasn't made much of a difference yet but I care anyway.
3 :mrgreen: yea! I need to get back to where I was last Friday. Cable issues and can't watch HGTV, so it seems I don't exercise much then.
4 :mrgreen: go me! very happy. I would not be successful if it weren't for having to write it on here. Thanks guys. Upset about my lack of t.v. by my treadmill.
5 :oops: cake at church dinner. ug. No HGTV ~ No treadmill.
6 :oops: left over cake now! UG
7 :oops: but not too bad, and still the same weight, which is my goal...
8 :wink: ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. I feel nausia, guilt, regret, anger, and frustration.
9 :wink: not too bad
10 :mrgreen: Great day! Had a slight fever, but great day as far as eating goes of course. Also, cable fixed, so I'm treading again! Thanks HGTV! Also, right on track for my goal.
11 :oops: had to wrap carmels. Should have taped my mouth shut.
12 :oops:
13 :oops: sweets are my December enemy
14 :oops: but I'm maintaining my weight!!! That is incredible considering my sea of red. ug.
15 :wink:
16 :wink:
17 :mrgreen: barely
18 :oops: good grief
19 :oops: carmels, cookies, bars everywhere I go. Why do people do that?
20 :oops: grrr. I'm pretty sure I ate more sweets than actual food.
I'm gaining weight!!! Like I couldn't see that one coming with all of this red. One green successful day a week won't help me. I hereby declare a war on sweets! That seems to be the whole problem! I will have no sweets until Christmas eve when company comes!!! No sweets will mean a green day for me until the end of the year.
21 :mrgreen: Yea yea yea!!! Not a bite of sugar, and a good day all around! woohoo! (finally)
22 :oops:
23 :wink: moving my Sdays around instead of taking 4 more. I usually treat it as an S-travaganza anyway.
24 :wink:
25 :oops:
26 :oops: good grief, do I have to be honest and color these? I will just for the record.
27 :oops: Just color me red
28 :oops: this is my weigh day. Did I maintain? HA! Nope.
29 :mrgreen: Wow! I'm throwing a green day in there. There's hope! Good, because I gained.
31 :wink:
Last edited by ~reneew on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Please pray for me

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:00 pm

Thanks reneew!

So I'm joining the challenge until the 23rd when I'm off on vacation. I'm still considering an advent calendar mod but will post it here before the 1st of December if I decide for one. Edit: No mod, just plain vanilla until I go on holiday.

1 S day
2 S day
3 Success
4 Success
5 Success
6 Fail - I had a snack at 4.30am after staying out the whole night. On the plus side I slept too long to have breakfast.
7 NWS Day
8 S day
9 S day
10 Success - although I was sick so only had 2 grapes and some tea for dinner.
11 Success
12 Fail - got a Hazelnut Latte by mistake and decided to go for it anyway. It was delicious.
13 Success
14 Success
15 S day
16 S day
17 Success
18 Success
19 Success
20 Fail
21 Success
22 S day
23 S day

Vacation for the rest :) - wow, S days in December fall on dangerous days :wink:
Last edited by eschano on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

freegirl

Post by freegirl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:20 am

I am in. My goal is to continue with S events rather than S days - two per week, more when I am on vacation. I will be going on vacation for a week, but we'll cook our meals. We'll be with friends though, so that will be a challenge.

1 :D - S day
2 :mrgreen:
3 :mrgreen:
4 :D = S event
5 :mrgreen:
6 :oops:
7 :D NWS day
8 :D - S day
9 :D - S day
10 :oops:
Last edited by freegirl on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
51 year old female
New start Oct 20, 2014
Ht. 175 cm (5'9")
SW 98 kg (216 lbs)

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:03 am

I'm still not exactly sure of what my goals are. I think I want to stick to the overall No S structure, so for me, it will be 3 meals with the option of a 4th meal on the days I need it (I have late rehearsals twice a week). My other goal will be to eat any sweets with a meal. Also, no perma snacking at night (my other big problem). Since I'm not doing Vanilla No S, I won't have official S days, except for Christmas and possibly Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

1. Exempt. Since I hadn't decided on my goals, I'm not going to penalize myself. Plus, my eating was more moderate than it had been the previous few days.
2. Fail
3. Fail The Christmas goodies are proving to be a huge challenge for me right now. Thankfully, we have just about run out of the processed goodies we bought, and I don't plan on baking anything quite yet, so with a little will power, I may be able to have a success tomorrow.
4. Fail but a better eating day overall, which is why I'm not making it red
5. Fail I've resisted Vanilla No S, but I'm starting to wonder if that's how I should go. I'm part of the minority here who counts calories, and I use a softwear program (My Fitness Pal). According to MFP, almost 50% of my calories today came from sweets. :oops: I've GOT to get this under control! I'll think about Vanilla, but in the mean time, I will work on actually sticking to my calorie target (I'm still basically following the No S structure of 3 meals, and no seconds. I have had sweets in the evening, after my kids go to bed, and that habit needs to go.
6. Fail
7. Fail
8. Fail. Okay, change in plans. My new goal will be to not eat after dinner. I figure if I take it in baby steps, maybe I will get my eating under control. Here's hoping for a success tomorrow!
9. Success! Finally!
10. Success!
11. Success!
12. Fail
13. Success!
14. Fail
15. Fail, but barely. I just had one small cookie after dinner.
16. Fail
17. Fail. I've had a bad cold the past few days, and I've used that as an excuse to eat a bunch of junk. I want to try really hard to have a green day tomorrow, though, because I'm getting tired of all of the junk.
18. Fail
19. Fail
20. Fail
21. Fail
22. Fail
23. Fail
24. Exempt
25. Exempt merry Christmas!
26. Success!
27. Fail
28. Success!
29. S Day
30. S Day
31. S Day
Last edited by clarinetgal on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:57 am, edited 20 times in total.

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 am

OK, I've had some time to think about it.

My holidays will be vanilla No-S, but I'm considering an additional goal for non-special of "small s" days. I've found that since I've been dairy free for my son, I'm getting some treats I don't really love (e.g. dairy free chocolate that was kind of blah), and I've been mindlessly scoffing them.

So for December my goal is a new S - Social. On small s days (just weekends) I'll have S's if they are social, for example shared with my husband, or eaten out at a cafe with a book or the newspaper. No eating standing up alone and quickly. Big S days will just be free for all, but since Christmas and so on are family days I figure they'll end up social anyway.

1 s day Went well, kept treats for lunchtime with my parents and after dinner with mr. chef. Everything on a plate, sitting down.
2 s day Doing ok today, but just ate a cookie without any company or a meal. So, posting here to remind myself of my goal.
3 GREEN
4 GREEN
5 RED - marshmallows in my mocha
6 GREEN
7 GREEN
8 s day Good
9 s day Poor, did some eating alone and while walking in the park. Need to re-think my goals, as social time limited with the baby and I felt quite resentful on Saturday that I didn't get any time to savor treats.
10 GREEN
11 GREEN
12 GREEN
13 GREEN
14 GREEN
15 s day - success, lovely day, morning tea with friends
16 s day - more snacking and sweets alone. Not sure Dec goal is really working
17 RED - olives, mushrooms and bread on date with DH
18 GREEN
19 GREEN
20 S event - lunch - Success, kept it to just lunch
21 GREEN
22 s day
23 s day
24 S day
25 S day
26 GREEN
27 GREEN
28 GREEN
29 s day
30 s day
31 S day
Last edited by ironchef on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:09 am, edited 7 times in total.

jos22

December Challenge

Post by jos22 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Yes, I'm in. The goal this month is to have S events rather than whole S days. For me this means sticking with No S when at home but having freedom to eat when at a social event. This is important to me because when I try to restrict my eating too much at a party or social gathering I tend to binge when I get home. Also, I try to eat paleo style as much as possible but I don't aim for perfection on this as trying to be perfect on any diet plan is a major derailer for me usually results in binge behavior as soon as there is even a tiny mistake made.

1 - :D Wedding S event from 6pm
2 - :D Birthday dinner S event
3 - :mrgreen:
4 - :mrgreen:
5 - :D S event Dinner - this was unplanned but it did not lead to a binge! Success
6 - :mrgreen:
7 - :mrgreen: Success - kept to my paleo eating plan even though family had pizza!
8 - :mrgreen:
9 - :mrgreen:
10 - :mrgreen: *
11 - :mrgreen: *
12 - :mrgreen: *
13 - :mrgreen: *
14 - :mrgreen: missed lunch and was in danger of a binge last night when I got home from work. Instead, Sat down, had a big glass of water and resisted the urge to eat everything in sight. Had a small protein snack and called it lunch. An hour later had normal dinner. This is a big success for me, especially on a Friday night!
15 - :D S Event - Restaurant Thai dinner,ice cream to finish. Did not binge when I got home.
16 - :D - missed breakfast. Result = lots of snacks today
17 - :oops: chocolate after dinner. Fought off the urge to eat all evening so I'm actually very happy that it didn't turn into an all out binge. I can recognise the danger for me this week. It's hard to explain but I often experience a delayed reaction to stress. For example - I'll feel incredibly anxious/fearful/stressed about an event and during this period I can generally keep my urges to eat under control, but when the event passes the urge to eat comes back even more strongly and it usually ends in a few weeks of uncontrolled eating. I guess it's a comfort thing. I'm determined to not let it beat me this time!
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 - :D Wedding Anniversary S Event Dinner
23 -
24 - :D
25 - :D
26 - :D
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
31 -

* really tough days on a personal level but managed to keep it together foodwise. Kept reminding myself that food was not going to make the situation any better. Proud of myself! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For anyone reading this and wondering if this type of challenge will help them, I'm finding it extremely helpful. I haven't had such a good run of greens for months and I can only attribute my behavioural compliance with having to write it down.
Last edited by jos22 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:39 am

On S days, of which there will be many this month, I plan to have three meals, plus one or two treats, and no random snacking. This should allow for enjoyment without excessive overeating. I will track them on this thread, as :D/:mrgreen: for successful S days, and :D/:oops: for S days on which I eat more than planned. (They will all just be yellow on HabitCal.) Exceptions: Christmas Eve, Day and Boxing Day, which will be unrestricted.

Sa 1.12 :D
Su 2.12 :D
M 3.12 :mrgreen:
Tu 4.12 :mrgreen:
W 5.12 :mrgreen:
Th 6.12 :mrgreen:
F 7.12 :mrgreen:
Sa 8.12 :D
Su 9.12 :)
M 10.12 :mrgreen:
Tu 11.12 :( / :oops:
W 12.12 :( / :oops:
Th 13.12 :( / :oops: Stressful few days. Oh, well, a bona fide celebration tomorrow.
I really need to keep my N days strict and S days moderate this month if I am not to undo all my recent good work.
F 14.12 :D
Sa 15.12 :D Moderate
Su 16.12 :D
M 17.12 :mrgreen:
Tu 18.12 :mrgreen:
W 19.12 :oops: Home baking (not by me), my Achilles heel.
Th 20.12 :oops: Still the home baking.
F 21.12 :mrgreen: A well earned green, given that I went to a social event with lots of goodies.

I've been doing unusually badly this month. Thank goodness for this thread. Knowing that I would be reporting here really motivated me to get that green today!

Now I will be having a long run of Special days. To reaffirm: I will be trying to get good S days, basically like N days with one or two treats, rather than free for alls. Except for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, when I won't be restrictive although at this stage I am unlikely to go too wild.

Sa 22.12 :D
Su 23.12 :D Both days moderate.
M 24.12 :D
Tu 25.12 :D Only a pleasant degree of overeating.
W 26.12 :D
Th 27.12 :D / :D
F 28.12 :) / :oops: Ate too much at dinner, but otherwise OK.
Sa 29.12 :) / :oops: Again, day OK but ate too much in evening.

Previous Decembers have not been this bad. I'll do better next month.

Su 30.12 :) / :oops: Ate while preparing dinner. Roll on the New Year.
M 31.12 :D Not too bad.
Last edited by Too solid flesh on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm back for the millionth time (I come back regularly to read posts but it's been a while I haven't posted anything). In the past, when I continuously don't do well, I just stop posting -- I'll try to stick to posting even if it doesn't go well. I want to work on the sweets and snacks, but I'll modify it because I've tried the strict vanilla no-s and I can't stick to it and then I give up. With snacks, I'll allow myself fruits (I know I won't abuse because I'm not a fan of fruits -- so when I eat them, it's just giving me good vitamins). With the no sweets, I'm going to take the approach of some of the other people here: Sweets allowed only for social events (I tend not to abuse as much when there are other people around). If no social event during week, I can have a sweet on the Sunday.

My definition of social event (I'll update/modify as I go along if I see I have too many reds):
Dinner at someone's house or special dinner at home.
Restaurant (I don't eat out much so shouldn't be an issue).
Out for coffee with Mom (I take my Mom out for coffee sometimes and we always have something sweet with it -- I don't want to change this)

SNACKS
:mrgreen: = none (unless it's fruit)
:oops: = snack other than fruit

(REVISED DEC 5: removing this objective for now -- only tackling the sweets)

SWEETS
:mrgreen: = none
:| = social event
:oops: = sweets for no reason

S1: SN= :oops: .....SW= :oops: (for snack I was hungry; for sweet have no excuse) Not off to very good start -- I'll try harder tomorrow.
S2: SN= :oops: .....SW= :mrgreen: (controlled the no snacks until 8:00 p.m., then had one, and another, and another -- no control)

M3: SN= :mrgreen:.....SW= :mrgreen: This was a tough day to get through -- constant debate in my head on whether or not I should eat this or that.
T4: SN= :oops: .....SW= :oops: Managed to do well during the day but got totally out of control in the evening.
W5: :oops: cupcake at home -- no excuse
T6: :| 3 small pieces of chocolate from a box given to me as gift
F7: :oops: Someone brought cookies to work (with x-mas coming up, this is just the beginning). I took one small one but didn't use that as an excuse to go crazy the rest of the day, so I guess that was good. :)
S8: :| Birthday party -- had a piece of cake
S9: :oops: 3 separate sweets -- out of control

M10: :oops:
T11: :oops: Not doing so well so far. Haven't gone totally out of control with sweets, but the snacking on other things (especially in the evening) is out of control. Even though my objective now is the no sweets, I was kind of hoping to get in some complete No-S days (no sweets, no snacks, no seconds). I'm going to keep trying. :(
W12: :oops:
T13: :oops:
F14: :oops: a very definite red
S15: :| Social event for sweet so that's o.k. but have to stop eating when not hungry (whether it's during meal or in between). Logged in today planning to write that I was going to stop posting here because too discouraged but changed my mind as I read the other people's posts. Will try to continue posting even if not going well.
S16: :mrgreen: No sweets

M17: :| Had a very small piece of dessert someone brought to work.
T18: :oops: With x-mas coming up, people keep bringing goodies to work. I tried to resist but all I could think of were those cookies sitting there and then I had some. To top it off, I used it as an excuse to make things worse by eating more sweets in the evening. :oops: :oops:

I'm going to stop tracking here for now. I'm feeling overwhelmed with work and with x-mas coming up. Coming here to put reds just seems to add to my stress. Maybe December wasn't a good month to start.

I'll be back to read how people are doing though. Happy Holidays to all of you!
Last edited by butterfly1000 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 16 times in total.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:21 pm

Vanilla with possibly two extra NWS days. Minimum 10 minutes exercise on weekdays. I might post more often as I tend to forget if the thread doesn't move up. I've also made a partner commitment on another site and that has already made a difference!

I've been successful in eating on all but one day. I have missed the exercise several times. I'm amazed at myself about this. 10 minutes! And it is absolutely what I need. But I'm not the first to not do what I need.
Last edited by oolala53 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

tobiasmom

December

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Finally starting mid-month. I'm 2weeks post-partem...and ready for some accountability and schedule. Goals for the month: stick with 3 meals, concentrate on N days, try a bit of walking.

12.10:
Last edited by tobiasmom on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:43 pm

butterfly1000 wrote: Out for coffee with Mom (I take my Mom out for coffee sometimes and we always have something sweet with it -- I don't want to change this)
Quite right. Time with mothers is precious, and should be cherished.

ironchef

Re: December

Post by ironchef » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:08 am

tobiasmom wrote:I'm in. Just had the baby 3 days ago. Gonna just do my best this month. Vanilla. Some walking.

12.1:
Wow, tobiasmom, congratulations!

BritishFool

Post by BritishFool » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:16 am

Sweet! Sounds like fun. (:

My goal is to have all green N days. I also like the ideas of social S's... My binges ALWAYS occur at home, so if I make it a habit to not stand in my kitchen and cram my face full of food just because it's an S day I think I should be good. Lots of motivations this month too, so here we go!

Also, I think I'll take this month in two parts. Baby steps are probably better for me at this time.

Part I:
1 - little s
2 - little s (also my uncle's birthday)
8 - little s
9 - little s
15 - little s

Part II:
16 - little s
22 - little s (might eliminate this one since the next three days are all-out S days)
23 - S day (Christmas dinner with my nana and parents)
24 - S day (Christmas dinner with my aunt and parents)
25 - S day (Christmas; Christmas dinner with my mom's side of the family)
29 - little s (might eliminate this one too)
30 - little s
31 - S day
Last edited by BritishFool on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BritishFool ;)

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:24 am

I'm in. November was green for me, yay! :mrgreen:
My Goals= Almost vanilla NoS. Mod: I do taste food while preparing it to see how much salt or spice it needs, and allow myself to eat raw veggies while preparing dinner.

I am doing a couch to 5K program, (C25k) I will start my third week tomorrow morning. My commitment to this is 3 times a week. So far I have been loving this, and did my routines this week even though I've been in pain with a pinched nerve causing pain in my neck, back, shoulder and arm. Also going for brisk walks on the off days, marking in the same place.

I'm working on portion control, but do not mark failures only successes. If I do well on portions even S days count, I want to see at least 20 green days with good portions.

I'll use smiley faces to mark my days :mrgreen: for success, :) yellow for S-days, :oops: for failures or reds.

Date/No S/C25k or exercise/Portions
Sa1 :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: in pain most of the day, had a couple sweets, but portions were good
Su2 :) :wink: :mrgreen: a good day, had a couple small treats
M3 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I did the C25k on my neighbors treadmill because I didn't get out there before it was hot outside.
Tu4 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: Portions a little much for supper, still one plate
W5 :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I had my first red since October. I had bought one hand made coconut macaroon from a street vendor the other day, because you can't always find them here. It sat in my cupboard for 2 days, but yesterday after dinner, it was calling my name! I did cut it in half and ate the smaller half (it was fist size). I did freeze the rest. ANd I was good for the rest of the day.
Th 6 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
F 7 :| :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Today is a NWS day for Sick, I was up at 3 AM in pain, had breakfast at 5 and it threw off my day. Still a good day portion wise.
Sa 8 :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Su 9 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I did do a 4th c25k session in the aft. I'm enjoying it. It's good not to feel sluggish!
M 10 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tu 11 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
W 12 :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: went to a friends house, had a snack and a sweet there. NWS day because it was planned.
Th 13 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
F 14 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sa 15 8) :mrgreen: :roll:
Su 16 :wink: :mrgreen: :| Too much food! 2 AM snack, chocolate for breakfast and a green smoothie, 3 bananas snack, 3 tacos and a fish fillet with tartar sauce, more chocolate, soft serve cone, granola with milk and toast at bedtime!
M 17 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm having a good day. Made some yummy picadillo and brown rice for dinner, but used the small plates.
Tu 18 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
W 19 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :| A good day but put too much food on the plates. I got extra exercise though, running in the morning, then walked for about an hour looking for my medication in the afternoon.
Th 20 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: S event day. Our date day got switched to today because of events Saturday. A small dessert with dinner, and popcorn from home with the movie. Not bad.
F 21 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: finished week 5 of c25k with a 20 min run! I ran slower than some of the speed walkers, but I did it!
Sa 22 8) :roll: :wink: Had a couple events today, so an S day, but it was an overall good day eating wise, a little chocolate.
Su 23 :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Our Sunday service was switched to evening with a supper, so I started week 6 of c25k this morning. A mild S day.
M 24 :? :? :? Lots of eating today, no exercise but it is Christmas eve!
Tu 25 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I did get out for my run this morning, a quiet day at home, but lots of cookies and nuts! I don't bake, but our friend sent them home with us yesterday... there's a reason why I can't have homemade cookies in the house!
W 26 :oops: :mrgreen: :roll: You would think I would be happy to get back to normal eating today, but I had to have seconds on soup for lunch! Hmm...
Th 27 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
F 28 :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: OOPS, I have to learn to put the food away before I have my after dinner coffee. Just an avocado slice and a little bite of chicken, but then in the evening I gave into the thought, "Oh well, I'm red already" and ate some granola.
Sa 29 8) :mrgreen: :|
Su 30 :lol: :| :mrgreen:
M 31
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Not too bad for December! In past years, I've gained several pounds in December. I feel pretty good about this! [/b]
Last edited by Sweetness on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:00 am, edited 26 times in total.
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Yes, I'm in! My goal is vanilla NoS. I am going to opt to not make my weekend days before Christmas and New Year's S Days because I just think 4 S Days in a row would be downright dangerous for me at this point. First goal is 21 days straight on program. Today is day 6!

December

1 S Day Day 5
2 S day Day 6
3 :mrgreen: Day 7 Got on my exercise bike today too for 30 min. Haven't done that for a few months. Yay!
4 :mrgreen: Day 8 I worked for this one! Exercise bike 30 min.
5 :mrgreen: Day 9 Took a walk today with my kids. Beautiful day!
6 :mrgreen: Day 10
7 :mrgreen: Day 11
8 S Day Day 12
9 S Day Day 13
10 :mrgreen: Day 14 Faught for this one. Baked a brownie chocolate chip cookie and took it to a dessert banquet for my son's football....did NOT partake!!!
11 :mrgreen: Day 15
12 :mrgreen: Day 16
13 S Event...work Christmas lunch Day 17
14 :mrgreen: Day 18
15 S Day Day 19
16 S Day Day 20
17 :mrgreen: Day 21!!! YAY! I had to fight VERY hard for this one too. Arrived to work to find the most beautiful Christmas cookie on my desk, along with a bag of yummy chocolates. Then at noon they brought in pies for the staff. OH MY! I managed to say NO to all of it! Whew!
18 :mrgreen: Day 22
19 REDgrrr! Ate one of those beautiful Christmas cookies. You would not believe the sweets I am surrounded by right now! My students are all Amish. Need I say more?
20 S Day Party at school! Moved our party to today instead of tomorrow. Forecast indicates a possible snow day tomorrow.
24 S Day
25S Day MERRY CHRISTMAS!
31 S Day
1 S Day HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Last edited by ZippaDee on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:41 am, edited 13 times in total.
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

M's sick of dieting

Post by M's sick of dieting » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm in too:) December is the worst for me as far a weight gain. I'm gonna try doing S events this month as the whole weekend of Christmas I'm gonna relax and enjoy myself. This will help keep me accountable.

1. Did good, felt satisfied not stuffed and feel thinner sunday morning.
10. S Day:) My Hubby's Birthday
19. S day Chirstmas Party out of town.
22. S day
23. S day
24. S day
25. S day
29. S day Christmas party

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:35 pm

Already messed up, but it was not crashing the car. Got a good day in mind.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Gepetto

Post by Gepetto » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 am

Hey, this looks like fun! My goals for December are to continue Vanilla No S with 7 inch plates, and continue Shovelglove and Urban Ranger habits. (note: I post more detail in the Daily Check In thread under Gepetto's Journey.)

12.01 - S-DAY
12.02 - S-DAY
12.03 - SUCCESS
12.04 - SUCCESS
12.05 - S-DAY (No S - a family birthday)
12.06 - SUCCESS
12.07 - SUCCESS
12.08 - S-DAY
12.09 - S-DAY
12.10 - SUCCESS
12.15 - S-DAY
12.16 - S-DAY
12.22 - S-DAY (4 s-days in a row? danger, danger!)
12.23 - S-DAY
12.24 - S-DAY (No S - family event)
12.25 - S-DAY It's Christmas!
12.29 - S-DAY
12.30 - S-DAY
Last edited by Gepetto on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Start Date: 11/12/2012
Start Weight: 323 lbs.
Current Weight: 320 lbs.
Last Signature Update: 11/25/2012

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Lets go everybody! Start the month off right!
Please pray for me

jaimehamp

Post by jaimehamp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm new to the board, but have done no s on and off for awhile. I'm ready to get serious and finally lose the weight I've hung onto after 2 kids. My goal is to keep all of my n days green for the month. I'm switching my s days since my birthday is also this month and I don't want too many s days.

4 First green day! At one point I mindlessly picked up a chocolate, but came to my senses before eating.
9 (s)
15 (s)
16 (s)
22(s)
24 (s)
25 (s)
29 (s)
31(s)

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:08 pm

I want to pick this up again! Goal is one mod which is defined as 2 ounces of cheese at 10 a.m. Everything else will be typical No S.

1. S Day
2. S Day
3. Fail (afternoon snack)
4. Success
5. Success
6. Success
7. Success
8. S-Day
9. S-Day
10. Success
11. Success
12. Success
13. Fail (Sweets)
14. Success
15. S Day
16. S Day
17. Vacation. Success
18. Success
19. Success
20. Success
21. Success
22. Success. Last day of vacation. No snacks, no seconds, no Christmas goodies, although I did indulge in two small sodas.
23. Success
24. Success. Avoided the cookies and candies in the staff lounge.
25. Merry Christmas!!! Apple Crisp for dessert.
26. Success
27. Fail (dessert after dinner)
28. Fail (virtual plating may have exceeded one-plate rule)
29. S Day
30. S Day
31. Success
Last edited by Jammin' Jan on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 17 times in total.
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 pm

I think I may join this. But, I'll be a bit unconventional if that's okay. My only real goal this month is no binging. I've decided I can't even think about losing weight until I have this strongly under my belt and deal with it once and for all.

The plan is still always 3 meals a day, no S days, sweets only in company, and no fail if I take a sweet outside that rule or have a snack (although not encouraged or ideal).

Saturday December 1 - :D
Sunday December 2 - :(
Monday December 3 - :D
Tuesday December 4 - :D
Wednesday Dec 5 - fail (ate in secret but no huge binge)
Thurs Dec 6 - fail (same as yesterday)
Last edited by Sinnie on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:28 pm

I just wanted to point out that freegirl has entered "one"derland. That's my goal... I'm going to catch up with you! Keep it up!

Also, for those of us (M's sick of dieting) tempted by all of these Christmas treats... freeze them until Saturday! Even if it doesn't need refrigeration. It helps! :wink:

Tobiasmom ~ how's your baby doing?
Please pray for me

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Renee, wish I would have followed your advice before yesterday! :oops: The rest is in the freezer now! :roll:
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)

heatherhikes

Post by heatherhikes » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:09 am

Thanks Renee!
Yes, count me in. Oh boy, do I need this December challenge. My goal is simply vanilla NoS and hiking the nearby hills every other day.
The following will be s-days with 0-2 special and/or portioned treats: the weekend before Christmas, the weekend before New Year's Eve, Christmas holidays, NY Eve and NY day.
My challenge starts Dec 8. :P

December
08 S-DAY
09 S-DAY
70 min hilly walk
good day but after dinner 2 gingercakes and 3 sm. bread with sandwich meat
11 :mrgreen:
60 min mountainous hike (w/Nordic walking sticks); was snowing, yay!
seconds after dinner
13 :oops:
45 min walk; snacking in aft and evening
14 :oops:
30 min walk; snack. on cake/sweets, but not as bad as *prehistoric* NoS
15 S-DAY
one treat and two hot chocolates besides the two meals; a mildish S-day overall, yay :)
16 S-DAY
85 min hilly walk; perfect day with 2 meals; no-sn-no-sw-no-2nds :D
17 :oops:
good day but seconds @ dinner (Italian 4-course meal):roll:
18 :oops:
good day but cookie and snacks before/after dinner
19 :oops:
snacking in aft and eve (pastries, 2 i-c cups)
20 :mrgreen:
great day with 2 meals
21 :mrgreen:
great day with 3 meals; very hungry before dinner and felt happy about it :P
22 s-day
40 min walk/steps; perfect day with 3 meals; no-sn-no-sw-no-2nds :D
23 s-day
pretty hefty day, not wild
24 s-day
1 3/4 hr. mountain hiking with NW sticks; small dinner, then snacking often in evening
25 s-day Merry Christmas!
50 min walking nbh with DH
26 s-day Merry Christmas!
29 s-day
30 s-day
31 s-day
01 s-day Happy New Year!
Last edited by heatherhikes on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 am

Hi there. Here goes
I am 196 lbs. I want to be that weight on 31st December. I have family all over Xmas. I am also a keen cook and love Xmas. So it is going to be a real challenge. I thought I would jiggle around my s days a bit but also accept that Xmas is special to me and I should enjoy it. This seems to be in the spirit of NoSing. So making space but keeping the boundaries is going to be a real challenge for me. I will make lovely food and cake. But freeze anything I left over when I am back on noS days. So here goes :D I had a tricky day on friday 7th very long drive to see relatives. Ate biscuits so turned that into an S day and just had Saturday and not Sunday. I have plotted my S days. It looks like a lot but I am trying to be realistic. I want to use colour but can't make it work sorry!!
Dec
1 S
2 S
3 N
4 N
5 N
6 N
7 S
8 S
9 N
10 failed had bad day ate jam in the evening
11N hooray back on track
12 oh dear failed late evening
13 failed again nibbling in the afternoon. No binging though
14 N
15 S
16 S
17 N
23 S - family
24 S - family
25 S - Merry Christmas
26 S - family
27 S - family
28 S - family
Last edited by Tessytwinkle on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Sweetness wrote:Renee, wish I would have followed your advice before yesterday! :oops: The rest is in the freezer now! :roll:
If only I could have followed my own advice. Cake blew 2 days for me!
I will freeze all sweets that I covet this week and eat some on Saturday.
Please pray for me

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:03 am

Renee, would you believe I forgot about that macaroon in the freezer this weekend? It should still be yummy on Saturday! :roll:
Patty

eschano

Post by eschano » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:58 am

You're all doing so well! It's December - arguably the hardest month of the year and I can't see a lot of red. Fantastic!!!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:27 pm

I see more green than red! Yea!
I once froze a fairly large container of all of the sweets that tempted me during the week and forgot them all weekend until sunday evening and then I didn't want them. Notice I said "once". But, I almost always only want only a portion of it, not all which I would have eaten if I had been impulsive and eaten it on the spot. the freezer works great for seconds and snacks too... if you don't loose them in there.
Please pray for me

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Everyone, just want to point out that Eschano just reached her goal weight!!! Please join me in congratulating her. Eschano, kudos!! High fives!!! You did it!!!! And no S is the best way to maintain. Hip hip hooray for Eschano! :mrgreen: :lol: 8) :mrgreen: :D 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Wooohooo! Congratulations Eschano!
Please pray for me

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:45 am

Thank you Sweetness and Reneew :D

Your support combined with the NoS principles is the most effective lifestyle change I ever experienced! It made me much kinder to myself which I believe in my case was the key issue - to not beat myself up, think WTH, and binge like there's no tomorrow. So THANK ALL OF YOU!!!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Wow, congratulations! And achieved in December, too.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:40 am

~~~ CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS EsChaNo~~~
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 am

Congratulations, Eschano! :D

eschano

Post by eschano » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:13 am

Thank you for all of your advice and great posts! :D
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Congratulations Eschano! It's success stories like yours, and seeing people who don't give up that keeps me coming back (and makes me stick around even if I haven't been successful so far -- one day I'll be posting more happy faces -- not giving up).

Keep it up!

heatherhikes

Post by heatherhikes » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:38 pm

CONGRATULATIONS ESCHANO!

I am so happy for you :!: :P :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Patty

heatherhikes

Post by heatherhikes » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:40 pm

I think we all should congratulate ourselves for taking the time to come to this board, participate in the holiday-seasoned challenge and are TRYING, whether we'll be doing well or our *days on habit* can barely be found...

People are very busy
Some are away from home and/or family for the holidays (DH + I)
Some have other physical/emotional/spiritual issues during Christmas/New Year's...sun deprivation any one?
Parties upon parties.

We are wonderful. More power to us :P :lol: :wink:
Love and a peaceable time

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:40 am

heddi55 wrote: We are wonderful. More power to us :P :lol: :wink:
Love and a peaceable time
Patty

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:36 am

Thanks, Sweetness! This hasn't been my best month, but I'm hanging in there. I'm not going to give up! :D

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:09 pm

The kindly posters to this thread are a great comfort!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:54 pm

I agree with you, Too Solid.
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:14 pm

What a wonderful thread this is. Well done us. I have not done brilliantly but am so encouraged by everyone's else's example. Thank you. I am determined to have a good clean green week before the Xmas family festivities. I hope I can do it. Good luck to you all.

grothkat

Little late but I am in...

Post by grothkat » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:37 am

Hi, I am in for the December challenge. Just beginning this weekend so tomorrow is my first N day.

1. S DAY: success
2. S DAY: success

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Well, it looks like absolutely everyone is doing better than me. I am maintaining my weight though which was my goal. Shooting for a green today just because I wrote this!
Please pray for me

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:05 pm

~reneew wrote:Well, it looks like absolutely everyone is doing better than me. I am maintaining my weight though which was my goal. Shooting for a green today just because I wrote this!
Maintaining IS SUCCESS!!! Lets go for green today! I want to see if I can get a totally green week, with S events allowed not S days! Not sure what I will do with Saturday and Sunday, since theyre followed by Christmas eve and Christmas.
Patty

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Sweetness wrote:
~reneew wrote:Well, it looks like absolutely everyone is doing better than me. I am maintaining my weight though which was my goal. Shooting for a green today just because I wrote this!
Maintaining IS SUCCESS!!!
Absolutely, at this time of the year.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:40 am

Nice work, eschano!

I am wearing the same red slacks I wore last Christmas/winter, but they are noticably loser. It's a good feeling! I remember it took some very concentrated effort for awhile Jan-March, but that seemed to get me to a new stage and some things got easier.

Hang in there, everyone! Vow that tomorrow you will not be saying you did so well until... but that you made it through a successful N day. It's worth the effort.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:02 am

I'm not doing better than you. I've been basically maintaining, though. I will try very hard to have a green day tomorrow.

heatherhikes

Post by heatherhikes » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:36 am

I am not doing better than you, reneew, clarinetgal, either. Trying real hard for a green day.
Last night dinner invitation at friends' house. They cook outstanding Italien food and made my favorite (eggplant parmesan), two different ways). :roll:
Well, it was more than a plateful.
The Christmas shopping trip to Freiburg, Germany (Black Forest area) today, won't be much easier. The best food there!
Let's shoot for green this week, before the holidays arrive!...
_________
:) Heddi
Last edited by heatherhikes on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:16 am

Heddi, I'd have a hard time with sticking to one plate of Italian food, too!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Gaining now, red days will do that. Duh. So...
I hereby declare a war against all sweets of any kind! I vow to not have any sweets until Christmas eve when my compay comes.
Anyone else with me on this?

...Sugar is my enemy.
Please pray for me

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:43 pm

~reneew wrote:Gaining now, red days will do that. Duh. So...
I hereby declare a war against all sweets of any kind! I vow to not have any sweets until Christmas eve when my compay comes.
Anyone else with me on this?

...Sugar is my enemy.
I will support you, but it may be unrealistic for me since I have several Christmas events before your company comes. :wink: but I'm with you in the sense of cheering for you! :lol:
Patty

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Oh thank you! I just wanted to add that I just built a gingerbread house without even one tiny snitch!!! Wow!
Please pray for me

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Well done, Renee. That is an achievement.

And keep going, all of us. There is lots of green around, and those of us, like me, who are not doing as well as we would like are probably doing better than we would otherwise be!
Last edited by Too solid flesh on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:53 am

Wishing everyone a very good weekend, and Merry Christmas. We celebrate Monday with my family and Sunday AND Tuesday with mr. chef's family, so we've got a lot of treats ahead of us. My aim is to truly savor those delicious treats that only come around at Christmas, and I think this is the best way for me to ward off permasnacking on substandard treats.

A peaceful and joyful holiday to all!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:14 am

Had a sugar fail. Not freaking.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

heatherhikes

Post by heatherhikes » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Renee, I am with you!
This has been my plan, no sweets this weekend, looking forward to some special pre-determined treats SOMETIMES on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day 1 and 2.

This is a good group of people. I'm glad to have found NoS and its forum :!:

Merry Christmas to everyone and a blessed, prosperous New Year.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:08 pm

heddi55 wrote: This is a good group of people. I'm glad to have found NoS and its forum :!:

Merry Christmas to everyone and a blessed, prosperous New Year.
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Nine days left. Nine of the toughest days of a challenged eater's year. The good news is the worst is almost over. Starting to have the feeling of a wild S day. Going to nap, dance, and divert, divert, divert.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 am

oolala53 wrote:Starting to have the feeling of a wild S day. Going to nap, dance, and divert, divert, divert.
Dancing! That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that as a distraction activity.

Season's greetings to all.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:39 pm

It was a dance class I've been to many times. It was supposed to be over at 6:30 and I wanted to shower and go to a movie afterwards so that I wouldn't be sitting aorund food. We started late and ended very late but what a class! So much fun! I didn't get to the movie and did some eating I didn't plan, but not bad.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, I for one am getting back to normal eating today after 4 S-days and a fail! I have kept up with my running, however. It felt really good to run 25 minutes straight today (not fast, more like a jog, but different from walking!)
Patty

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:04 pm

Yep! I got back on track yesterday, and it went well, and today is going well, so far. Here's hoping for 2 green days in a row!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:11 am

I didn't feel burdened as much this year by holiday eating, but I'm also glad to get away from the focus.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:47 pm

I am in a lowly slump state right now. I'm trying. Kinda. I totally ignored any and all plans of eating restrictions for most of the last 2 weeks.

I'm going to start a New Year's challenge... Maybe that will help. :wink:
Please pray for me

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:57 am

Me too! I'm definitely ready to get back on track in January.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Here Here!! These last two weeks of December have not gone well for me. Will happily see you all on the January thread! :D

Diets Don't Work.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:00 pm

I was doing well till the past week. Funny how 4 S days could mess up my established habit. I look forward to getting back on track too!
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:22 am

Well, December habits were not a total bust but I didn't stick to my plans, either. However, I still feel I'm ending on a good note and my Christmas went well and I feel my pants are still fitting more loosely after a few more pounds shaved off this quarter. On to January.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

heatherhikes

Post by heatherhikes » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:49 pm

heddi55 wrote:Thanks Renee!
Yes, count me in. Oh boy, do I need this December challenge. My goal is simply vanilla NoS and hiking the nearby hills every other day.
The following will be s-days with 0-2 special and/or portioned treats: the weekend before Christmas, the weekend before New Year's Eve, Christmas holidays, NY Eve and NY day.
My challenge starts Dec 8. :P

December
08 S-DAY
09 S-DAY
70 min hilly walk
good day but after dinner 2 gingercakes and 3 sm. bread with sandwich meat
11 :mrgreen:
60 min mountainous hike (w/Nordic walking sticks); was snowing, yay!
seconds after dinner
13 :oops:
45 min walk; snacking in aft and evening
14 :oops:
30 min walk; snack. on cake/sweets, but not as bad as *prehistoric* NoS
15 S-DAY
one treat and two hot chocolates besides the two meals; a mildish S-day overall, yay :)
16 S-DAY
85 min hilly walk; perfect day with 2 meals; no-sn-no-sw-no-2nds :D
17 :oops:
good day but seconds @ dinner (Italian 4-course meal):roll:
18 :oops:
good day but cookie and snacks before/after dinner
19 :oops:
snacking in aft and eve (pastries, 2 i-c cups)
20 :mrgreen:
great day with 2 meals
21 :mrgreen:
great day with 3 meals; very hungry before dinner and felt happy about it :P
22 s-day
40 min walk/steps; perfect day with 3 meals; no-sn-no-sw-no-2nds :D
23 s-day
pretty hefty day, not wild
24 s-day
1 3/4 hr. mountain hiking with NW sticks; small dinner, then snacking often in evening
25 s-day Merry Christmas!
50 min walking nbh with DH
26 s-day Merry Christmas!
27 :oops:
28 :oops:
29 s-day
45 min looping nbh
30 s-day
31 s-day
01 s-day Happy New Year!