Bye for now...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

freegirl

Bye for now...

Post by freegirl » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:38 pm

I am leaving No S for now. My (repeated) experience tells me that vanilla No S does not work for me. Both times I was very successful for more than a month (followed the rules, felt great, lost weight….), but then depression started with cravings for sweets. Both times it happened in December. Now that I think about it, I’ve lost a lot of weight on different eating plans three times in the past 6 years, and each time I fell of the wagon in fall/winter. I am prone to depression, so maybe I need a different eating plan during dark months?

I am planning to introduce two pre-planned snacks: a handful of nuts between lunch and dinner, and a small carb snack after dinner (helps with serotonin production). I will report my progress every two months or so.

All the best to all No S-ers here!
51 year old female
New start Oct 20, 2014
Ht. 175 cm (5'9")
SW 98 kg (216 lbs)

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:47 am

I wish you the best.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:01 am

I wish you well, too, but want to say that I've gone through many tough times in my three years with No S, but am so glad I didn't leave when it wasn't "working." Just because it doesn't stay easy after some success does not mean it isn't working. In fact, that is the trajectory of successful loser maintainers. There is often a period of ease for weeks or months; then there is one or several periods of struggle; then, the loser adjusts either the plan or herself as needed and fully commits. It usually takes a couple of years for this cycle to play out, if people stick with it. If not, it can be repeated for decades. So two years is actually the fast way.

The exceptions to this get a lot of press, but that's all they are. Exceptions. A few people walk away from Las Vegas with dough, but the house always wins from the masses.

Your plans for eating sound like reasonable No S mods. Don't be shy about checking in sooner, if you change your mind. You don't have to be Vanilla to play.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

freegirl

Post by freegirl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:39 am

Thanks clarinetgal and oolala! :D I don't want to give up completely, just to make adjustments to support my well being.
51 year old female
New start Oct 20, 2014
Ht. 175 cm (5'9")
SW 98 kg (216 lbs)