I'm done.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

I'm done.

Post by xJocelynx87 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:09 am

I'm done. Done doing things the way I've been doing them. Done vowing to lose weight my "own way" when clearly my way hasn't been working for a long time. It's not that I'm overweight, I'm not at all, actually. But my eating habits are SO disordered it's ridiculous. Binge, binge, binge, avoid regular food to make room for all the chocolate and sweets that I "need", weigh myself obsessively, vow to lose weight yet again, and the cycle continues. Like I said, I am so done with it. To the point that I'm not even upset anymore, just annoyed, frustrated, and ready to do something. Something sane, something maintainable, and something that will get me away from the insanity that I've been living in. I refuse to do this for one more second. I'm only 25, and I don't want to spend the next week, month, or year making sweeping resolutions about diet and exercise. Vanilla No-S, 30 minutes of exercise every N day; whatever I weigh implementing these changes will have to be good enough, because I know that the peace and freedom they will bring me will not be matched by any number on the scale.

Tomorrow is Day 1. Here we go.

Jocelyn

Jbell

Post by Jbell » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:04 pm

I read your post with great interest. I have struggled with the same issues, often eating my treats and not eating real food. This happens in mid-afternoon, then feeling half-sick, hating myself, leaving my body to cope with the sugar, with none of the good food it needs. This has gone on longer than you are alive! I have about 8 pounds to lose, but a good relationship to food to gain. I think you are wise to get a handle on it at your age. Good luck to you. I'm just starting too (once again). I signed up for the January challenge--we'll see.

Jean

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am

Oh, my gosh, you are so ahead of the game. If only I had had your wisdom at your age. I can't even say I wish I'd had No S because OA was quite similar back then but I was convinced it was not smart and too hard. How little did I know that everything else would be harder.

I wish so much for this to work for you and I will support you however I can. The idea of a young woman missing out on the decades of misery I went through is so moving. I wasn't actually overweight until after my first diet. I didn't actually diet a lot, but worried and stressed over food just about every day, dieted some, and binged my way up to low obesity while stressing over trying to implement intuitive eating. I woke up every day vowing I would eat reasonably, but by the end of the day had eaten ridiculously. No S/ real meals has saved my food sanity. I affirm it will do the same for you.

Honestly, I have found that what to do with my time when not eating has been as much of a challenge as not eating. Don't be ashamed if you find that it's harder than you want it to be. But if that's not an obstacle, so much the better!

Life is so much bigger than food and our bodies.

Start a daily check in. I'd love to follow you. :D
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:44 pm

go for it jocelyn :)
i remember you and seem to recall that you are a nutritionist, or studying to be one... if you combine the framework of NoS with your already great understanding of nutrition, i am sure you will do wonderfully!
NoS is an incredible help for structuring your eating, and you can still tailor it to your own personal challenges...
i suggest that you use the "Habit Cal" for those goals you have set for yourself... i love using that, and it really keeps you focused and honest, with minimal trouble to update daily... if you want to post a regular thread too, that would be good if that's for you...
i hope you find peace of mind that you are seeking through this great system, and please remember to be kind to yourself and if you make mistakes, don't get too upset as breaking old habits is hard...but NoS really provides the structure to help you establish good new habits...
good luck!
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

lindalou

Good Luck

Post by lindalou » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Good Luck
Jan. 1 2013 is also my 1st day back on No S

linda45

Post by linda45 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm back as well. Embracing the freedom &'simplicity of NoS.
Linda F.
Calgary AB

xJocelynx87

Post by xJocelynx87 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Thank you for all of your wonderful replies, everyone. They mean so much. I read the No-S board almost daily, and it remains one of the most supportive that I've come across.

Oolala - I've followed your story quite closely, and so admire everything you've accomplished thus far and your willingness to offer whatever you can to help others succeed. I've struggled with my weight for a long time - too heavy, too skinny, too heavy again, normal but gaining...I'm ready to be done with it at 25, as opposed to 35 or 40 (not that there's anything wrong with starting there, either!)

Deb - You're correct. I will be eligible to sit for the Registered Dietitian exam as of May 31, 2013. Isn't that something? I spend my days teaching others how to eat properly for general health or their specific conditions, yet I haven't figured it out for myself at this point. My weight has always been very important to me, more important than it should be to a person, and I think that's part of the reason I have such a hard time practicing what I preach, so to speak.

Thanks again all, and Happy New Year!