Newbie from AR

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

oldpathsmom

Newbie from AR

Post by oldpathsmom » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi everyone, I started my nos journey on 1/2/13 weighing 188.1 lbs. I'm a stay-at-home mom to our four children born 11/08, 3/10, 6/11, and 11\12. I've always been an excessive snacker and sweets are definitely my downfall. It's been hard not to have something when my children do, but so far I've managed. :) I really think this might be the thing that works for me.
Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6:16

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:03 am

welcome, I am also a stay at home mom to four little ones and another on the way. I have used no s with real success. It always gets me down to 128-132 range after my babies and keeps life sane. I hope it works for you.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:16 am

This is just food for thought, but your kids don't need more than one snack daily.

In the last year I've read Bringing up Bébé by Pamela Druckerman and French Kids Eat Everything by Karen Le Billon. Both discuss children's eating habits in France. From about the time they start solid foods, French children eat three meals and one snack daily. This apparently continues throughout their school years. Adults snack rarely if at all.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."