IM QUITING BYE!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Darcy shea

IM QUITING BYE!!!

Post by Darcy shea » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:38 am

WELL I DECIDED I'D RATHER START DOING THINGS IN THE MAGAZINES RATHER THAN THIS SO I GUESS I WILLL GO I MEAN THIS IS A GOOD IDEA I JUST CANT HOLD UP!!! BYES!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:18 pm

I wish you all the best success...hope you find a program that works for you.

Laff

Post by Laff » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:02 pm

Best of luck, Darcy, in any weight loss program you choose. Make sure it is safe and healthy. Know that you can come back anytime you would like to take another crack at it. No one will look down on you --- most of us have gone on hiatus from time to time! :wink:
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:18 pm

Darcy, I am just wondering what hasn't worked for you here..
NoS can be really adjusted to a certain extent to fit everyones lives..
Are you frustrated for any reason?

Just please do me a favor and don't try out any of those phoney baloney suppliments and starvation/shakes and pills type diets..
Those a a big giant waste of your energy as the weight always comes back on fairly soon, once you stop using those products..
And,, any diet which relies on appetite suppressants to work is basically asking that you become a stimulant addict just to lose weight..
This is very dangerous to the heart so please,,, Steer clear of stimulant based diets.. I don't care if they say they are "100% safe"...
That's all BS...

Best wishes in your journey and enjoy being a kid!
Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:06 pm

Bye, Darcy! Sorry this didn't work out for you. Good luck with the magazines (and heed Deb's warnings). Dont' be shy about coming back and giving no-s another chance. We love prodigal sons and daughters here.

Reinhard

want2bhealthy

well once again...

Post by want2bhealthy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:35 pm

i found a post that has hit home for me right now!! i am stuck at a 17 lb loss and it is only because after being on this since feb 1 i still cant cut portions down. i panicked and went out a bought diet pill , it says compare to cortislim and it now has hoodia. i have only taken 1 pill yesterday and today, seems to cut down appetite a little, but i am beginning pms so every time the same time of the month in the past is when i always jumped on the next diet fad. anyway, i havent done that(until now) since i started no s. i love this plan, but when i read that after a while people can start cutting down their portions, i dont know if that can ever happen with me. i am hungry alot. i did even try to go to whole wheat pasta and started eating some beans for fiber. i just love to eat.

i hope darcy that you find what works, but like everyone said, please come back if you want to give it another try. on other plans that i tried and failed everyone said that to me, and i never went back, cause i had quit again. but i am telling you. something about this website and this way of eating, keeps me here and not quitting which is a very first for me. take care, hope to here from you soon, pm me if you like.
man, i have tried EVERYTHING else, this has to be my last stop.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

Laff

Post by Laff » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:03 pm

wanttobehealthy--that is a fantastic weight loss. You are doing great without the help of pills. My guess is you are not eating an excessive amount. Are you exercising? Input and output are the keys. I am currently in stress overload but will get back on track very soon. I had slowly started drinking less water. Today I will be drinking more.
Take care. You can do this. :)
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:23 pm

Hi Wannabe.

I think you are doing great. I am in agreement with Laff that you may want to up your exercise. I've been doing No S for nearly a year now (Wow!), and I have to say that while the number on the scale initially went down it did stall until I began regular exercise. Then, it went down again and has stayed pretty constant. So, try to tweak your exercise regime by either trying something new or increasing the amount of time that you exercise. Good luck. Dru

want2bhealthy

thanks guys

Post by want2bhealthy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:36 am

i do excercise, but i guess i could be doing more. i wish i would have come on here earlier, i just took a diet pill. i dont notice a significant drop in appetite, so i guess i wasted my money on these too. i do want to do this without extra help. i dont like taking pills of any kind. i will try not to take the pills anymore, since i really dont think they will help anyway. my meals could be more balanced too. so i will continue. thanks again guys.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

want2bhealthy

me too!!!

Post by want2bhealthy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:26 pm

my eating has gotten totally out of control, i feel disgusting and tired. whether i like it or not, for my health, i am going to have to give richard simmons foodmover another try. it helps to see how much and what foods i need to be eating to make my diet healthy and balanced. i seem not to do that on every other eating plan. i hope i can get in control with rs. i am so grateful for all the support on here, and maybe when and if i get to goal i can eat the no s way to maintain. i will put this post in my journal and will still check in from time to time to see how great other people on this plan are doing and how they are making work. thanks everyone.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

want2bhealthy

I AM NOT QUITTING!!!!!!!!

Post by want2bhealthy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:59 pm

i had a couple of really bad eating days(ok binges) well i am pmsing. i go through this every month. got on the scale this morning and only gained back one lb. so i can still turn this around, without panicking, quitting this or feeling like a failure again. the only way i can succeed is to work through my rough eating days put them behind me and keep going.

you know i said i was going back on richard simmons plan, but boy after eating breakfast today, i was miserable . here is why, on these plans that you have to count things, i tend to not eat alot for breakfast and lunch, you know so i can save calories, windows or ww pts so i can make sure i had enough to eat before bed. i didnt like that feeling i had after breakfast and haveing to close those windows and worry about what i had left to eat for the rest of the day. so you see, no s is truly the plan for me. i just have to know when to stop at each meal before feeling over stuffed. so i am here to stay. and i am already feeling much better knowing i dont have to shut windows the rest of the day to see what foods i have left to eat. yahoo!!! thank you reinhard.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:31 pm

Sorry to hear about your binging, want2be... but I'm glad the damage sounds limited. Overreacting is a big danger in diet, often worse than the excess that prompts it. During major holidays, excess is to be expected. A mere pound up is actually pretty good, I think! I'm happy you feel like you can give no-s another go, you've made so much progress already. I know these long drawn out plateaus can be frustrating, but I think one way or another one has to come to terms with them and learn to ride them out, no matter what system one is on.

Looking forward to hearing about your continued progress,

Reinhard

JWL

Post by JWL » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:52 am

Hi want2be,

For what it's worth: I think you should slow down. Spend a day where you focus on your breathing as much as possible. With each attentive breath, imagine your body letting go of a bit more stress and pressure.

We put so much pressure on ourselves to lose weight. And when things go wrong, we have these incredible impulses to right the course, at any expense. Even going back to diets that we know don't work. :wink:

Think about it: you've lost 17 pounds already on No-S. Stay the course, do the best you can, and realize that there will be ups and downs. No-S is proven to be most effective over the long haul. And, its parameters are such that it takes all the mental energy OUT of the equation. Just eat your 3 plates of food per day, and that's it. Enjoy them, and your body will take care of itself.
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

want2bhealthy

Post by want2bhealthy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:12 am

thanks jwl. i am still struggling but the words of encouragement are very much needed. i just dont know why i cant get back on track. i actually went to the library today and checked out the south beach diet book. i thought i was all done with ever thinking about going on another diet. geez it is so frustrating and i dont want to gain all the weight i just lost back again. i think some of what is going on with me right now is... this weekend is my 41st birthday and we are going to the shore. we are at a hotel that has an indoor water park which i love. but is frustrating at the same time. i love the water but hate having to get into a bathing suit already and even though i am a bit smaller then last yr, i had hoped that by time i had to get into a bathing suit i would be almost to goal weight and feel comfortable going in the water without having to cover up with a tank top. i have a 10 yr old daughter who is so looking forward to going to the water park with me. sure i put up a good front and have a great time with her, but inside i am just so uncomfortable and well.... pretty upset with myself that i hadnt really committed to getting healthy and still feeling the same way i did last yr when it was time to go to the shore.

i will hang in there. thanks again guys for all the support.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

JWL

Post by JWL » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:25 am

hey, want2behealthy

my "inner Buddhist" will point out that health (which I'm glad you want) is mind, body, and spirit. If any one of these is not healthy, then the organism is not healthy.

We can do a lot of damage to ourselves with our thoughts, if they are negative. Or, we can heal ourselves with our thoughts, if they are good.

Therefore, think good thoughts.
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

want2bhealthy

Post by want2bhealthy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:49 am

i am trying, boy am i trying. thanks. makes lots of sense.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:27 pm

Hi WTBH...
Don't worry about perfection...
James is right on about taking it easy and staying positive!!!
You lost 17 lbs!!!!
That's amazing!!!

That's about all I lost in a whole year the first year here...
Don't be discouraged! That is great!!!
Have a great day!
Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:29 am

Want2behealthy, for some motivation, think of what a good example you'll set for your daughter...

You can do it. You can.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."