Inspiration in empty spaces....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Inspiration in empty spaces....

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:16 pm

Hi friends :)

I just had an interesting thought, and tried it out..
I haven't really lost weight, in fact, I've gained about 4 lbs or so back recently due to stress and sickness, but of course it will revert now that I'm no track again...

Meanwhile, I thought it would be interesting to measure my waist, and then it occured to me that when I started out I was 41 inches around my waist and about 45 inches at belly-button level (hips?) so I held the measuring tape at that point and made a 41 inch circle around my waist in the air with the tape measure...
I guess this is like putting on some old jeans which were tight before and now they are too large..
It felt very very cool to actually see the space around me which used to be occupied by fat tissue, now is a space filled with air...

I recommend this to anyone who is trying to break free of the tyranny of the scale, as a healthier way of envisioning where you really are on a physical level with actual visible evidence of your progress in your weight loss journey!
If you try it out, please post your experience here..
It's surprisingly satisfying to see that empty space around you!
I actually felt "skinny" when I did this..
It was very empowering!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:33 pm

i have done this as well! i was curious one day and put the tape measure where i had started out (after doing other diets, pre-nos :D ) It is cool to see the progress.
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."