It's all about the habit...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

It's all about the habit...

Post by Over43 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:39 am

I have never been known for being speedy, in fact some might refer to me as a blunt instrument in certain situations, so it should come as no surprise when the light went on last night. No S isn't about the "diet" per se, it's about the habit that you form from the medium of No S.

So, to be brief, next time you get all shaken up about the cinnamon roll you just realized you stuffed down your pie hole, don't, it's about the habit. Start it again right then and there.

Did I mention I'm a bit slow?
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Jonas Jonasson

Post by Jonas Jonasson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:25 am

I like your sense of humour.
If I understand it correctly.
Disclaimer (still applicable):
If a person is fairly new to English their English words and expressions are influenced by their mother tongue, so things that might sound impolite to you are not always meant in that way.

heatherhikes

Post by heatherhikes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 pm

Over43,
thanks for sharing your insights about NoS...and a good antidote against the WTH effect.
I think it is normal and good to have new ideas and "deeper revelations" while we're in the midst of developing the habit.
Myself, I think of NoS as a kind of template or structure, to be filled in with my daily food selections for the meals; it's a guide for me as when and how much to eat; it straightens my "food path," keeps it clean, if I my say so.
Naturally, NoS is much more...

gk

Re: It's all about the habit...

Post by gk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Over43 wrote:No S isn't about the "diet" per se, it's about the habit that you form from the medium of No S.

So, to be brief, next time you get all shaken up about the cinnamon roll you just realized you stuffed down your pie hole, don't, it's about the habit. Start it again right then and there.
I like that. "Diet head" always seems to be a problem to deal with, but when you tell yourself that you're not focusing on a new diet, but a new habit, it eases that somewhat.

Oh - and I like your signature line. Your sense of humor is, as always, so enjoyable on these boards. :)

gk

Post by gk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:12 pm

heddi55 wrote:Myself, I think of NoS as a kind of template or structure, to be filled in with my daily food selections for the meals; it's a guide for me as when and how much to eat; it straightens my "food path," keeps it clean, if I my say so.
Naturally, NoS is much more...

I tell ya, the hard part isn't sticking to what and when to eat, it's getting around the whole mindset thing. If you can do that.....you've got it made. (Now I need to do that!!! ) :)

BrightAngel

Re: It's all about the habit...

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Over43 wrote: No S isn't about the "diet" per se,
it's about the habit that you form from the medium of No S.
:D PRECISELY :!:
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com