app? Reinhard

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

app? Reinhard

Post by ~reneew » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Dear Reinhard, I was just wondering if there is or ever will be a NoS habitcal app. It would be so easy. PLEASE, pretty please...

If not, does anyone know of any other app that is like our habitcal? I keep looking, but they all track calories and I don't even want to go there! Just green-yellow-red squares on a calendar. :wink: Thanks!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:28 pm

bump
Please pray for me

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:46 pm

sorry... I've had no time to work on this, much as I'd like to. The webapp version is functional, but seems to have sporadic login issues.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:54 am

I found a simple free app that lets you color the calendar square what ever color you want. It's called smart diary. I just started it but it seems very easy!
Please pray for me

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Glad to hear it! Feel free to post a link here if you think it might help others.

JustForToday

Post by JustForToday » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:04 pm

I just found an iphone app that's eerily similar to the habitcal. It's called "Way of Life - The Ultimate Habit Maker and Breaker". It's set up just like the habitcal with a few extra bells and whistles. You mark red for "no", green for "yes" and any day you want to skip (such as an S day) you would mark with a blue. It also has a feature where you can tag individual days with journal notes. It shows trend graphs and will allow you to see your progress in months or weeks. It comes with a long list of "habits" you can select to monitor, but also has a feature to add whatever you want (such as NoS).

It kind of is the habitcal. Reinhard, I think someone beat you to it! For iphone at least!

Oh yeah, and it was free.

Minkymoo

Post by Minkymoo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:16 pm

I've got one called... Habitcal. It doesn't do green, red or yellow but you can tick days (means green/yellow) or leave them blank (for red days). It counts up your green days and gives you a medal when you get onto a winning streak! You can track up to five habits with it. I got it off the AppStore about a year ago.
To be honest I assumed that it was a preliminary version of the real one hence the name. I have the real habitcal too but it takes ages to log in on my iPhone.
This one is quick and easy enough for me to do it, and the lack of colours doesn't bother me, I find the ticks pretty motivating too!

Christine

iPhone Calendar

Post by Christine » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi,

I've started No S yesterday after a very long time dithering around with "what diet to go on!" I lost 65 lbs. years ago with Medifast, but have had a very stressful year, and gained 20 lbs. back. Anyway I'm gonna try this for the rest of June, to set my habit. I'm an IT professional also, and the logic that Reinhard relates is just bulletproof. I love it. Well anyway-- I found the easiest way for me to do Habitcal is just to create a new event on my iPhone Calendar, and instead of typing in a title, just use the Emoji keyboard and use the green circle/white check mark for a green day, an orange diamond for an S day, and a red X for a red day. No extra apps, no frills, in keeping with the concept of keeping your habit building as absolutely simple as possible. No, I don't see the whole month at a time unless I log in to iCloud but that's OK. That's not to say that I won't check out the apps that you all have mentioned. But wish me luck. I'm tired of wearing the same four pants every week and it's finally getting through my thick skull that instantaneous gratification is not gonna work.
I'm a Mac

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:09 pm

I've also been using the way of Life app on my iPod touch. It is very convenient and easy. I set up three habits to track, snacks, sweets and seconds. Very pleased with it.
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")