Newbie, sort of

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Liz46

Newbie, sort of

Post by Liz46 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi everyone. I have tried No S in the past. It's been a long time and I couldn't remember my name and password because I wasn't here for very long, so I created a new account.

The last time I tried No S, I was struggling, for some reason. I don't think I trusted the diet, nor myself because of all the various diets I've suffered through over the years, the successes and failures. "S" days, oh wow..I more than took advantage of those and ate whatever, whenever I wanted on those days. Doing so made it hard for me to stick to "No S" days because I struggled with wanting to snack throughout those days, too.

Needless to say, I went back to counting calories, lost a great deal of weight over a great deal of time and got tired of counting and gained almost every pound back in no time at all.

So I tried Intuitive Eating again. Once again, I found myself snacking all day every day because I was never eating enough during meals to satisfy my true hunger.

Now I'm back to No S and for some reason now it feels different. I have never felt so comfortable with an eating plan as I am with No S this time around. I realize that just because it's an "S" day, that doesn't mean I can clean the cabinets out. I must be sane about it and it really wasn't so hard this past weekend. I decided I'm doing Vanilla No S and I've had no trouble so far sticking with it.

I did buy myself an appropriate sized plate (8.5") and it's plenty large enough that if I fill it with the right foods, I stay full for hours.

Since starting just this past Wednesday (February 20th), I'm down 3.8 pounds already. But, no matter what the scales tell me, I know that this is the plan I will stick with for life because it's simple and makes sense. This is the same way I ate growing up. Treats were just that, treats! And it was usually on the weekends when we were allowed them. And funny thing, I never had a weight problem until I grew into adulthood and started "dieting". So this way of eating makes perfect sense to me.

I will probably weigh once a month and update here, or I may decide not to weigh at all. For once in my adult life, the scales will no longer control me. If I do weigh once a month, it will only be out of curiosity. My focus is only in following the plan and my main goal now is only to have peace with food, finally.

MJ7910

Post by MJ7910 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Yes that is how it has been for me too. This time is easier and I never want to count calories again. Welcome back
Current BMI: 22.9. Height: 5'4.5"
Highest BMI: 25.5 in August 2011.
Lowest adult BMI: 20.8 in February 2012.

Aprilsparrow

Post by Aprilsparrow » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:15 pm

:) :) WELCOME BACK!!! :) :)

I am new here and looking forward to reading about your progress.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Welcome back.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Liz46

Post by Liz46 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:38 am

MJ791 Here is to no more counting calories! I'm with you on that!

April, I'm looking forward to keeping up with you, too! We can do this. It's just too easy not to!

Wosnes, Thank you for the welcome back. It's nice to step back into a doable program!

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:48 am

Welcome Back!!! :D
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:19 am

Welcome back to food sanity!
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

Liz46

Post by Liz46 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Zippadee! I remember your smiling face here! Congrats on your restart, too! Thank you for the welcome back!

Thank you also Vmsurbat! Yes it is nice to back back to a sane place! Congrats on your weight loss..awesome!