Not trying to be picky want to understand using one plate

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Aprilsparrow

Not trying to be picky want to understand using one plate

Post by Aprilsparrow » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:00 pm

So if I have a plate and I can fit a bowl of cereal or a container of yogurt and a piece of toast on the plate. Then I am ok? Does that sound right? Just trying to get the hang of this? I already messed up today without thinking. Had a bowl of maple brown sugar oatmeal. Full of sugar. Arrgh.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Yes. If I have a cup of yogurt, toast, eggs and bacon and can fit it all on one plate, it's fine.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:34 am

Remember, it's no sweets not no sugar. The maple brown sugar oatmeal is one of those gray areas. I wouldn't call it a "fail" or mess up though I probably wouldn't buy it again once it was gone. Once you cut a lot of the obvious sweets - cookies, candy, soda pop - out of your diet the sweetened stuff regular food like cereal and yogurt will be too sweet.

Aprilsparrow

Post by Aprilsparrow » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Great. Thanks again for all your help.