Anyone else get the Monday blues?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Nicest of the Damned

Anyone else get the Monday blues?

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:45 am

I have read on this forum, from time to time, people saying it's almost a relief to them when Monday comes around. Not for me. I often feel upset and even mad sometimes when my S days end and I can't eat whatever I want. I know this is just my tummy toddler throwing a tantrum, and you can't give in to tantrums. I don't act on those feelings or impulses, but they're definitely there.

Anyone else have an experience like this?

emmay

Post by emmay » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:05 am

It depends how my weekend went. If I overdid it, I am relieved when N days resume.
I always have a bit of trouble on Mondays, making the change from eating whatever I want to stopping myself and saying no to snacks and sweets. It's like flipping a switch from permitted to not-permitted. It does make Monday the hardest day for me.

noni

Post by noni » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Like emmay, when I over-S the weekend (and I usually do), I long for the stability of Monday. Unlike emmay, I only THINK I look forward to Monday. The sweets that linger on my mind and in my body are calling me back. I usually resist, but yesterday my calender needed a big red mark :(
When that happens (Monday or otherwise), I just drink a cup of coffee for breakfast the next day. This is not a hardship for me as sometimes I forget anyway.

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Monday is definitely the hardest day for me. It is a relief to be forced to get back on track, but your tantrum self JUST DOESN"T WANT TO! WAHH!!

germanherman

Post by germanherman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:55 am

Try exercise:

After two S-Days your "tank" is full of gas. Train as long and as hard as you can (unimportant if you are runnung, walking, cycling, swiming, weightlifting or whatever).

I always break my own records on monday. And if you train several times per week you will notive a huge difference.

And this "kick" you get out of your S-Days made me love this mondays!
Spend over 450 Dollar on some Systems, Gadgets and courses = Zero Results

Spend 15 Bucks for a Shovelglove + NoS-Diet= ;)

German by nature

noni

Post by noni » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:01 pm

@ germanherman :lol:

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:34 am

Maybe you're not being enough of an "idiot" on S days. :)

Nicest, I notice I'm more like that over small after-dinner failures. The next night, before dinner, I'll think, now, don't eat any more after dinner. You aren't hungry anyway. But the thoughts/urges will still come and there might be a little hissy fit on the inside that it shouldn't be a problem for me to have a little bowl of cereal or some extra Greek yogurt. It's just the neurochemicals talkin'!

I used to long for N days because my S days were WILD for a couple of years, but I didn't seem to be able to accept any modifications. Finally, I just got tired enough of the crappy feeling that I was able to accept the "essential pain" of not being able to eat because it occurred to me and theoretically, I could. For a few months, I would still spend several hours on S days feeling a sorry for myself that I wanted to eat but had absolutely no hunger, so I wouldn't eat. Like most other eating troubles, it too went away with practice. Yeah, once in awhile I miss the experience of eating ten chocolate thumbprint cookies at a sitting and handfuls of Dutch mints in between, for example, but never the effect. I've toyed with the idea of allowing myself one wild S day every month or so, but every time I think I might, a little voice says, "Okay, but not this month." It's slowly sounding to me like one of those things I THINK I want, but not in reality, like winning a date with George Clooney. (I'd never believe he wasn't just going through the motions to be charming and would rather be somewhere else.)

And wild days are just not my HABIT anymore. I don't want to live with the nauseous feeling the day after. That's my main motivation, not the weight gain.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

finallyfull

Post by finallyfull » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:12 pm

I don't know, I think I could tolerate George acting like he was having a good time.

I agree, though, that the real experience of learning that you don't want the intermediate consequences is a big, important step.

Immediate consequence of a second helping: yum.

Intermediate consequence: overly full, or not hungry for next meal, or red day and less proud of self.

Long term consequence: more flesh than I prefer.

The short term passes too quickly, the long term is too far to care, or to seem real, but the intermediate consequence has come to mean much more to me. I like to feel comfortable and not ruled by food, and even feeling too full or unhungry has come to matter, only because I have ever so slowly paid less attention to the long-term and the short term.