When you wake up late?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Anonymous-Coward

When you wake up late?

Post by Anonymous-Coward » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:11 pm

If for whatever reason you get a late night, and wake up late as a result (say 11am) do/would you still have 3 meals and call the first a late breakfast, then have a late lunch (say 3pm) and normal dinner...

Or would you just wait an hour until 12 or half 12, and just eat two meals..

Obviously this isn't a regular thing for most (not for me either), but I'm on Easter break and I'm working tonight so don't anticipate waking up at regular (breakfast) time tonight...

I usually only work Friday and Saturday nights, which means that I wake up late on Sdays, which allows me the freedom to take the day as it goes. I might have 2 meals and a piece of cake or something for example... It's what to do on Ndays that I'm struggling with.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:50 pm

I'd just have two meals.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:56 pm

It depends. I'd have two meals or two meals and a mini-meal.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 pm

For me, I would *probably* still go with three meals. I don't really see how the time you wake up would have anything to do with it. Unless you need a strict routine/timed meals to stay on target. I would eat at 11, 3 and 7 or something like that.

No BS

Post by No BS » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:24 am

If you are hungry, eat three meals. If you are not hungry, eat two meals.

Often I skip breakfast entirely because I am not hungry and just have two other meals at their regular times. Sometimes though I am hungry when I wake up and have to have a breakfast. For me it depends on how big/heavy/late my dinner was the night before.

Weekends I sometimes just do brunch and dinner. :wink:
If you are not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room!!

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:09 am

I would just say it depends on how hungry you are when you wake up. Either do 2 slightly larger meals, or 2 normal-sized meals and a mini meal.

noni

Post by noni » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:19 am

Since I like lunch more than breakfast, I would have a cup of coffee, wait it out an hour or so and have lunch.

Anonymous-Coward

Post by Anonymous-Coward » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:20 am

Thank you all for replying so soon.

I'll take it into account.
I think I'm probably overthinking this. When I did No S in the past I too got to the stage where I could actually miss a meal and not feel it very much.

I have a history of quite bad binges, which is why I try to keep things as regular as possible and sometimes overthink things.... But I'll loosen things up abit. As long as I'm having no more than 3 meals, I'll either shift them back a bit, or (as I'm doing today) have a hot drink and wait until lunchtime and have 2 meals.

And I guess if I'm waking up too late for breakfast it's inevitably close to lunchtime anyway, and waiting and hour or two to eat my first meal isn't the end of the world. If anything I'll just bulk up my lunch abit.
It's not going to be a common theme.

:D Thank you once again... So pleased to be back on No S after a while away.

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:48 pm

I would have three meals. Adjust the size if they end up being closer together.

suzella

Post by suzella » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:37 pm

This kind of thing happens to me a lot. I work an irregular schedule so I can't really say that I am going to eat my meals at the same time every day. I usually eat breakfast about an hour or so after waking up and then I try to wait about 4 hours or so before lunch and another 4 hours or so before dinner. Some days I really just plan it out shortly after I wake up.