Easter holiday oops!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Minkymoo

Easter holiday oops!

Post by Minkymoo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:22 pm

Oh no!
After nearly 90 green/yellow days of Vanilla No S compliance I took a holiday by the seaside in Wales and had a whole week of S days (eek). I meant to take my 2 NWS days during the week and have 3 N days but then I relaxed and overdid it. Hot cross buns and Easter eggs mainly. But I did really enjoy my holiday ;-)
Bit cross with myself for messing up my winning streak but I mainly want to get right back on the horse, so Im publicly admitting to my mess up and will do a daily check in thread for at least a few weeks to ensure that I get right back to it.
Wish me luck!

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:49 am

It happens.

emmay

Post by emmay » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:33 am

You're not the only one :oops:
Let's look at it as an opportunity to practice getting back on the horse.

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:22 pm

Reinhard has talked about vacations. I don't remember what exactly he said but it was something like, 2 weeks a year is ok to be off of No S. So, one week is nothing to get distraught over.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:17 pm

I think the danger of taking vacations as S time is that it's long enough that you might get into habits that are hard to break -- but in my experience, vacation is so different from regular life that I can snack and have dessert every day while traveling, and come home and get right back on the No S horse.

IMO, As long as you have no problem reining it back in, one week of indulgence makes no difference in the long run. It sounds like fun! It helps that vacations also tend to involve a lot more physical activity than regular life for many of us, because we're out sightseeing and having fun instead of sitting in an office. May not apply if you are a lumberjack as your day job, or if you take very sedentary vacations ...
Last edited by Thalia on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:08 am

Even if you have a little trouble getting into the swing of things (I did after an alteration to my diet while on a retreat after my first three months of no slips), just realize that you will likely handle it differently next year IF you get back on the horse. BIG PICTURE.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

noni

Post by noni » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:23 pm

I believe Reinhart said he took one much desired S event each day while on vacation.

Minkymoo

Post by Minkymoo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:32 pm

Thanks for the support and advice! Im back on it now, although I never got round to doing that daily check in thread. I weighed myself this morning and found I havent even gained weight - I guess we did an awful lot of hill walking and frisbee, maybe that was enough to cancel the treats out? Funny that it doesnt feel doing like real exercise when you have a beautiful view to concentrate on!

By the way... I Love Love Love this diet! In the past a fail like this was always the END of it all for me. This is probably the first time I have been able to honestly say that I can just pick up where I left off and continue the lifestyle.

And a bonus is how happy my husband was that I could enjoy Easter Eggs and seasonal treats with the family instead of coming over all pretend virtuous and skipping the treats on those special occasions (whilst secretly stuffing my face with junk at work or late at night on my own)!