Food Taste Better

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Aprilsparrow

Food Taste Better

Post by Aprilsparrow » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Has anyone else experienced that when you are on No S days that food actually taste better? I think because I am not stuffing myself with food and actually hungry between meals so everything taste better. :)

finallyfull

Post by finallyfull » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Yep! Someone here has the tag line that goes like: appetite is the best spice, or something like that.

I am slowwwwly learning to actually prefer hunger. Slowly. I definitely appreciate it for maybe the first time, consciously.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:15 pm

I've noticed that, too. No-S is certainly part of it, but I think it's also because I'm eating better quality food. Junk tastes like junk.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 pm

This topic comes up over and over. It is cited as one of the major reasons No S-ers like the plan so much. It makes it more likely we will wait until we're hungry enough to reach that point. I've found I have to eat less and less at my meals to get to it.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:32 pm

Proverbs 27:7 One who is full loathes honey from the comb,
but to the hungry even what is bitter tastes sweet. :wink:

Although, I sometimes think the word "loathes" is a bit strong in this translation. haha
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:55 pm

I guess honey was the chocolate of Biblical times.

ksbrowne

Post by ksbrowne » Mon May 06, 2013 11:48 pm

I agree, I now enjoy the feeling of hunger! Never thought I'd see the day.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue May 07, 2013 10:19 am

This may be a bit off topic, but I think they make the point that quality food tastes better -- and may lead to us eating less.

These articles are written by Wini Moranville, author of The Bonne Femme Cookbook:

The French (Non!) Diet, Part I: Eat Three Courses for Dinner

The French (Non!) Diet, Part II: Be Choosier About Cheese

The French (Non!) Diet, Part III: Enjoy a Variety of Flavors

The French Tartar Sauce Diet (!?)
Wini Moranville wrote:Eat foods that taste great (like a beautiful homemade tartar sauce) rather than so-so foods, and you’ll naturally need to eat less to feel satisfied.
In another post I mentioned that I subscribed to The Fresh 20 a couple of weeks ago. At this time, all of the menus are planned for four people; I cut them down to serve one. The food is so good I'm finding I don't need to eat more to be satisfied.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

thepowerofcheese

Post by thepowerofcheese » Wed May 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Last night for dinner I had pasta shells and cheese, salad, and veggies. As good as it tasted, I felt like I was having a fancy meal. I could get used to this! :wink: