What does 150 pounds mean to you?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

BrightAngel

What does 150 pounds mean to you?

Post by BrightAngel » Mon May 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Image Many people have a weight number
(and calorie numbers) that are special to them.
Do you?
and
Do you view the posts of other people with those personal numbers in mind?

http://www.diethobby.com/blog.php?ax=v&nid=855
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Dale

Post by Dale » Tue May 07, 2013 5:50 am

I don't have a weight number, but I did used to have a calorie number. I thought that 2000 calories a day was probably what I needed. It's recommended for average women, and I thought I was a pretty average woman. In fact my TDEE (even at morbidly obese) was probably less than that. My sedentary TDEE at goal is probably around 1300.

I do more exercise now, so can eat a bit more, but I would still gain on 2000 calories.

Jonas Jonasson

Post by Jonas Jonasson » Tue May 14, 2013 11:31 am

Hi there, Bright Angel,

I think if I used pounds as a system of measurement 150 pounds (or rather 149 in order to stay below the magic number :lol:) would be special to me. Since my scales only speak Kiloian in my case the number is 69 or even 69.9, ie anything below 70kg. I do not look for this number in other's posts, maybe because all this conversion business is beyond my mathematical talents maybe also because everybody follows their own path to happiness/health/weight loss from different starting conditions.

And in my adult life I have only seen this number on my scales once for a very short time and this wasn't even on purpose.

By the way: I really admire your enthusiam with regard to your eating life style.
Disclaimer (still applicable):
If a person is fairly new to English their English words and expressions are influenced by their mother tongue, so things that might sound impolite to you are not always meant in that way.