Power Oatmeal

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jayhawk28

Power Oatmeal

Post by Jayhawk28 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:18 pm

I had some instant oatmeal mixed with almond butter and protein powder this morning. Very filling and tasted good.

My default go to diet the past 6-7 years has been low-carb. I can never sustain it more than 2 weeks or so. It's been a miserable cycle. Each time I've tried No S, I've stopped because I wasn't seeing quick progress like I do with low carb.

I honestly believe that sugar is the real issue with many of our health problems and saturated fat has been unfairly blamed for heart and weight issues. It doesn't matter, however, if I can't mentally stay with a low sugar or low carb diet. It's much better to focus on the habit than the macronutrient content of my food. Being 75 pounds overweight, small changes can have big results over time.

Anyway, it felt great to have oatmeal and not worry about the carbs. Plus, I love to run and ride my bike. Low carb and endurance athletics are a tough mix.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Looking forward to waffles on Saturday.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri May 31, 2013 3:59 pm

One thing about No-S, unless you've been snacking or eating enough sweets for their absence to make a huge difference, it's not a quick weight loss program. Unlike most other programs it is sustainable.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."