Lord's Table study, anyone done it? Interested?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Lord's Table study, anyone done it? Interested?

Post by Sweetness » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:04 pm

I have been doing an online interactive Bible study called the Lord's Table and I'm really getting a lot of freedom quickly. Just did day 8. Anyone else done this or are you interested in doing the study? Check it out at settingcaptivesfree.com and then go to The Lords Table. They set you up with a mentor, and the study talks about fasting, but you don't have to follow the fasting or eating plan to do the study. The Bible study is Awesome. I'm going to need an accountability partner eventually, and was hoping to find one here, but would like to hear from you even if you're only checking it out.

Blessings!
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Is it anything like Weigh Down? I did not have success with that program, only with No S. Good luck.

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:21 am

leafy_greens wrote:Is it anything like Weigh Down? I did not have success with that program, only with No S. Good luck.
I did weigh down years ago, and this is a lot different. You don't have to use their eating plan. It's an interactive Bible study, and it helps to get you full of Jesus so that you aren't wanting unnecessary food. It's helping me a lot!
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:05 pm

I did the Lords table. I liked the accountability partner and the study was great and free! they had the GPS plan as far as waiting for your body to give you permision to eat, meaning being truly hungry. I don't do well when I vear off into that type of plan though. The other plan was a sort of eat normal one day then cut back on the other day, neither plan really isn't a lifestyle I believe but it may work for you.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Jellybeans, Thanks for your input, and good to hear from you! Hope you and hubby and the kids are doing well. 8)

My DH is going to be an accountability partner for me, and I really like the mentor they set me up with. I don't do well with the only eat when you're hungry and then only till you're full thing either. I just started the other plan yesterday and will do it for two weeks, with the exception of keeping my "S" days. I just need a jump start to get me out of the too much food on my plate habit. Today was supposed to be half portions, and I was a bit too generous! I think I'll learn though!
Patty

JustForToday

Post by JustForToday » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:38 pm

I did The Lord's Table several years ago, and I have to say I didn't think much of it. I found the particular way the author of the study used scriptures to be odd and often quite a stretch from the context of the original passage. I was also never able to stick with either the scheduled eating program or the whole "growling belly syndrome" thing either.

I'm a Christian who spends time in the Word daily, but I have to say that I have yet to come across a "Christian" eating program or Bible study that made much of a difference in changing my eating habits. And I have read/tried them all (and I do mean all!)

"Eating Less" (a secular work) by Gillian Riley has made more sense than anything. I would love to say that there was some miraculous set of scriptures or Christian study lessons that suddenly removed my desire to overeat for all time, but when push comes to shove it seems to just come down to a commitment to habit change, a daily lifestyle of persistence, common sense and acceptance of the fact that God did indeed provide us with a will and the ability to make choices for ourselves on a day to day basis.

"The Lord's Table" was almost too dramatic to help me with that.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:08 pm

JustForToday wrote:I did The Lord's Table several years ago, and I have to say I didn't think much of it. I found the particular way the author of the study used scriptures to be odd and often quite a stretch from the context of the original passage.
Hmm.. I'm only two weeks into the study, and I'm finding that for me it's just the opposite. I feel like God is really speaking to me and I'm starting to get to a point of true repentance about gluttony. So far I can say it has been life changing for me as far as changing my attitude and giving me hope. Thanks so much for your input and comments though. I really appreciate hearing from you. I guess it's not for everyone.
Patty