Still losing

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Still losing

Post by wosnes » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:37 pm

I've been here for over six years and I'm still losing weight here and there. Yesterday was my annual doctor's appointment so I had my yearly weigh-in. Down 4 pounds from last year! Last year I was down some, too, but I can't remember how much. I thought I'd posted it here, but when I searched yesterday I couldn't find it.

While I have been eating less, it's not a modification but a natural progression. As I get older, I find I just don't need as much food -- not only at meals, but for the whole day.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:40 pm

fantastic wosnes! congrats :)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm having a little bit of a hard time accepting how little I need, but I'll either get there or make peace with eating a bit more than I need. Glad to hear your report.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Congratulations, Wosnes!

Your experience is quite encouraging because I'm finding the same truth. Last year, I didn't know until my NoS testimonial anniversary date that I had even lost weight (about 3 pounds) because monthly weigh-ins would be up a little, down a little. Turns out the down-a-littles trumped the up-a-littles.

Intrigued that I didn't notice the overall loss last year, this year I've been weighing daily and tracking a moving average (a tool offered by hacker diet). I can see that my weight average moves up and down like waves, but both the high points and low points are slowly decreasing...

Like Oolala, I can sometimes feel that I should probably eat a little less because I'd still be feeling full by the next meal, but I just don't wanna eat less. But then, somewhat suddenly (weeks and/or months later), I just decide that I really do want to feel that spicy edge of hunger back.

I'm at that point right now---moderating (yet again) just what I need at dinner (not our main meal, more like lunch) to be properly satisfied, not stuffed. Using a smaller plate helps because I like/need to feel the satisfaction of a nicely done up plate (not a skimpy, meager-looking plate). And I try to nip the "that's not very much, poor me" thoughts right away and focus on my enjoyable meals that keep me (Thank you, Lord) healthy.
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Thanks, everyone.
oolala53 wrote:I'm having a little bit of a hard time accepting how little I need, but I'll either get there or make peace with eating a bit more than I need. Glad to hear your report.
I remember years ago reading that women (maybe all people?) needed to cut calorie consumption as they aged. My first thought was "not me!!" It's happened kind of naturally. I can't say that I'm uncomfortable when I eat a larger meal, but I feel better when I eat smaller meals.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:51 pm

That's great! Good job! :D

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Congratulations!!!
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:16 pm

So great to hear, wosnes. Steep drops are nice, but nothing makes me happier than evidence that "it's still working" even after many years.

Reinhard

noni

Post by noni » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:29 pm

This is a great place to be...Just plugging along with No S, losing weight and not sure why :)