vanilla No S?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

musiclvr02

vanilla No S?

Post by musiclvr02 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:46 pm

what is vanilla No S? I've seen that posted here.

sugarjunkie

Post by sugarjunkie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi im new to this board,but im fairly certain it means stick to the basic no S diet without any modification.Hope that helps.

la_loser

Other threads that address Vanilla No S

Post by la_loser » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi,
Yes, Vanilla No S refers to following the 13 word rules to No S (or 14 if you include the word "sometimes" as Reinhard originally intended.
No Snacks, No Sweets, No Seconds except (sometimes) on days that start with "S."

In multiple past threads before you joined this has been addressed. It's a term that one of the members came up with I believe to refer to the original plan before anyone starts monkeying with the system and trying to do any modifications that they seem to want or need.

It's very much encouraged to follow the basic guidelines for a fairly long (as in months or even more) before you try to tweak your situation. Get those habits down. Period. You will be surprised at how much that helps. You will not get quick results-stay away from the scale if possible and try to normalize your eating patterns. It's wonderfully freeing.

I did a quick search on the boards for "Vanilla No S" and found a couple of threads that may prove helpful.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... ht=vanilla
And another:
http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... ht=vanilla

Also, you may want to download some or all of Reinhard's podcasts available for free on the main site; great quick listens where he covers all aspects of his systems. And it's comforting to hear him talking about it all from his little set up in his home with the kids in the background. I just looked to see which one addresses Vanilla No S. . . Listen to:
"Episode 35: The Mods and Tweaks Trilogy Part I: To Tweak Or Not To Tweak
Posted by Reinhard on 2009-04-29
Want to modify an Everyday System? It's possible -- but risky, as this episode emphasizes. Subtitled: 'In Praise of Vanilla.'"

Hope this helps. And hang in there, both of you. It's a great place to be!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol: