habitcal trick

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jw

habitcal trick

Post by jw » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:28 pm

I have been surprised to find how motivating those little green blocks are on habitcal -- and I have tricked myself more than once now:

I am more likely to think of snacks in the evening than at any other time of day. So I fill in my habitcal for the day after dinner, at around 7:30 pm. It's yet another signal that the kitchen is closed and meal times are over for that day.

I would be so disappointed if I had to go back and change a green block to red -- it has helped me over a few temptations!
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:05 am

This is a good idea! :)
Finally found a lifestyle change, not a diet!
Starting weight 167 lbs
Goal is to lose 20lbs in time for my wedding!

okbyxmas

Post by okbyxmas » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:35 pm

That is a really great idea! I think that'll work well for me too. I think it would hurt my pride a lot to change a square to a failure!

jw

Post by jw » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:22 pm

After I posted this, I thought, wow, maybe this was something really obvious . . . but it did make a difference to my motivation. Glad you also find it helpful, clarebear and okbyxmas!
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

okbyxmas

Post by okbyxmas » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Well, it definitely does help. It's a really good psychological signal.