view on alcohol, yogurt

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

musiclvr02

view on alcohol, yogurt

Post by musiclvr02 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:22 am

I have a tendency to have yogurt before I go to bed, which I'm trying to break. Also what do you think of alcohol? I like to have 1-2 drinks on the weekend.
I just reread the No S book and Reinhardt seems like he is in favor of a few drinks... just on S days?
thanks

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:38 am

No more yogurt at bedtime. It's a snack UNLESS you're taking it for a medical reason such as a medication that needs to be taken with food at bedtime.

Reinhard has another system he calls Glass Ceiling. Essentially it states you can have two alcoholic beverages daily. For the purposes of No-S you would need to avoid the milk-shake type alcoholic beverages, but beer, wine or a spirit combined with most mixers would be okay (if the mixer isn't okay on an N day, such as most carbonated beverages, then it's not okay in a mixed drink).

In practice, I think most people do what seems right to them. Some people save alcoholic beverages for S days, others indulge during the week. I occasionally have a glass of wine with dinner.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Your weekend drinking habit sounds fine. You can adjust later if it seems it is interfering with your goals on No S. But later means months later, not days or weeks. Do what seems to naturally reduce your need for more food.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Dale

Post by Dale » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:30 pm

How about replacing the yoghurt with a little hot milk at bedtime?

A little alcohol is fine, but personally, I've found that it makes me want to eat (plus there are the the calories from the wine, which I can't really afford) so I usually save it for S days for that reason.