An idea for No-S Testimonials or result pages

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

harpista

An idea for No-S Testimonials or result pages

Post by harpista » Sun May 07, 2006 9:13 pm

Rereading the No-S page, I hit the testimonials link http://www.nosdiet.com/testimonials.html and got an idea for how testimonials or "results" could be handled.

I wrote Reinhard an email about this (although I'm no testimonial material!! :lol: ) and he suggests I post this idea to see what others think of it.

> I'm not a computer programmer, but couldn't updateable testimonals be
> attached to a user profile on the bulletin boards? It could look like a post
> and then responses, (but) just all from the same user, perhaps?
>
> (Example) Click on the user, see profile, click on a button for their associated
> "result" page or something (some name) like that? Might require off-site photo hosts?

Reinhard said, "It may take me a little while to get around to coding it up, but if people seem to go for it, as I think they will, I'll make sure it happens." So if you like this idea please say so, so Reinhard can get an idea. :)

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon May 08, 2006 7:25 am

If I had a 'results' or 'personal milestones' page, I'd certainly use it. I like the idea that the person concerned could choose what they considered to be newsworthy and inspiring.

C.
CaroleJo

pangelsue

Sounds good

Post by pangelsue » Mon May 08, 2006 11:26 pm

I'm in.

Simon

Post by Simon » Tue May 09, 2006 1:54 pm

Dude....

Any place to track results like that would certainly fly in my books. It's all about accountability. To SELF more than anything else.

Good idea!
Simon
"Hickory Hand of the North"

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue May 09, 2006 1:56 pm

Thanks for coming up with this idea, harpista (and for posting it here).

I'll start messing around with it a bit. I have another project I can sort of tie it into (an online habit calendar). Both will be intergrated with the bulletin board so you can reuse the same login etc.

The more people seem to want it, the faster it'll go, so please post to this thread (or email me if you're shy) if either/both of these seem appealing to you.

Reinhard

harpista

Post by harpista » Tue May 09, 2006 5:08 pm

reinhard wrote:Thanks for coming up with this idea, harpista (and for posting it here).

I'll start messing around with it a bit. I have another project I can sort of tie it into (an online habit calendar). Both will be intergrated with the bulletin board so you can reuse the same login etc.

The more people seem to want it, the faster it'll go, so please post to this thread (or email me if you're shy) if either/both of these seem appealing to you.

Reinhard
Thanks Reinhard :)

I like that idea a lot!

Laff

Post by Laff » Tue May 09, 2006 5:13 pm

I like anything that will help to make me accountable to myself. I think it is always helpful to see other people's story/highlights.
Great idea.

I haven't been around since my recent eye surgery. I have no vision in the reading area but my husband hooked me up with some magnifying lenses attached to a band around my head. I look ridiculous but it really gives me back a little bit of my life!! I had no idea how much we use our reading vision ALL THE TIME! I can only manage a few minutes at a time but I do plan to check in and will post when I can.

Have a great day everyone! :)
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!