How many meals?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Francophile

How many meals?

Post by Francophile » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi all,
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but am I allowed only 3 meals (no go-ahead from doctor for 4-5 meals)?
I'm thinking specifically about days when I have my Zumba lessons. The classes start at around 6:30 and I'd like to come home and reward myself with a nice dinner! Am I allowed nothing between 12 and 8 pm?
Thanks

GraceW

Post by GraceW » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:07 pm

I limit myself to 3 meals, even on workout days. If I go 8+ hours without eating, so be it. I consider it a great way to train my body to burn fat.

sweetaj

Post by sweetaj » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Can you eat a later lunch those days so that you aren't going so long between meals?
Restarting Feb 16, 2015
2/16 177.6

Francophile

Post by Francophile » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Thanks Grace. Sweetaj, yes I thought about that too. Does this mean the 4 pm tea(with sugar) is out too?

GraceW

Post by GraceW » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:30 pm

The tea with sugar is fine as long as you're not heaping on the sugar. Enjoy!

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Reinhard said: "The No S Diet has a little known loophole just for you. If you look closely at the site, you'll notice that nowhere does it specify the actual *number* of meals. Now most people will make a certain assumption, and most people had better stick with that assumption. But if you have a medical condition that requires you to eat more often, you can still do so and be a proud No S dieter. Just make sure to figure out what number of meals is right for you, stick with it (no changing the magic number every day), and invest in some really small plates. And talk to your doctor, of course. As for the rest of you, pretend you never read this. It's for people with doctor's notes only."

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."
- Vince Lombardi

Sometimes you need to take one step back for every two steps forward.

Time heals everything!

90% of a diet is 60% mental

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:00 pm

GraceW wrote:The tea with sugar is fine as long as you're not heaping on the sugar. Enjoy!
And not eating something at tea time.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

la_loser

extra meal???

Post by la_loser » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:46 pm

Beverages are always ok--I don't mean a milkshake of course--but a lot of people claim a nice glass of milk or a latte helps them get from one meal to the other especially if there is a big necessary gap in between. Staying within the spirit of the guidelines is what's important. Even drinks that have "some" sugar in them is ok-so long as the sugar is not the main point!

In the book, Reinhard also points out that in the event someone has a very difficult schedule, that they might include a fourth "mini-meal" but that to be very careful because doing so can leave you open to problems. If you were to do that, it should be specifically planned for a specific situation and not a random, "oh, my schedule's crazy today, I think I'll have an extra plate of food" thing.

Most of us have acquired such "diet-head" from other dismal and unsustainable experiences that we seem to want to make No S more restrictive than it's designed to be.

I haven't looked back at your posts to see but I'm thinking since you're pretty new to the system, you may not have had a chance to get the book or read the online version carefully--it takes a few times to digest (pardon the pun!) some of the nuances but you'll get there! Good luck!

I'm slso going to bring to the top of the board another tip that I suggested years ago that helps stave off those nagging needs to have something between meals. . . it's called H2Orange. . . so look for that post. I'd almost forgotten about it!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol: