Today could be tough!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Donnadolittlemore

Today could be tough!

Post by Donnadolittlemore » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:03 pm

It is a snow day today. No school for the kids! I normally love these days. We hang out. I usually bake something. But there is a LOT of time to get into trouble in the kitchen. The snow will start this afternoon. We can't even go out and take a walk because it is all ice. Help!

jw

Post by jw » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Just lived through this, Donna -- amazing how past associations with snow days and treats kick in! (Pancakes!) I made a big pot of soup, and baked bread instead -- but I don't have kids to please. How about hot chocolate and some kind of quick bread that wouldn't be too off-plan?

Good luck! The ice didn't start here until after daybreak, and it was in the 50's here yesterday, so I think we'll be spared this time! :)
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

Donnadolittlemore

Post by Donnadolittlemore » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:18 pm

JW - good advice! It was close to 60 yesterday. Just needed a light jacket. Then the temperature dropped and we got the freezing rain this morning. I am in Ohio so hopefully it will pass you

I am going to try to stay busy in the house today. Can't eat if I have a vacuum in my hands. Actually I am sure I could find a way, but you get the point. :roll:

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:04 pm

I know the day has passed, but I wanted to reinforce the idea of making new rituals for snow days. Other foods or other activities. Getting the day off from school is enough of a reward for the kids.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)