Nuts to Snacking

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Blithe Morning

Nuts to Snacking

Post by Blithe Morning » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:01 pm

The title of this article Snacking Your Way to Better Health is deceptive (and in my opinion damaging) as the article is not about snacks but the health benefits of nuts.

As if the only way to eat nuts is by snacking.

(sigh)

Like fruit, nuts can be added to a meal. And the article even says as much. You do not have to eat them as a snack. You can add them to a main course or side dish. You could even make up a little fruit and nut side dish and have that be a finish to the meal as long as it is within the parameters of one plate rule.

AndreaRN9

Post by AndreaRN9 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:01 pm

I had the exact same reaction when I read that article this morning! I even wrote a comment to that effect but it's awaiting approval so it hasn't shown up on the site yet.

Americans are just bombarded with messages to eat frequently and to eat in-between meals.

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:02 am

Reinhard has somewhere on this site research that shows increased calories consumed by Americans are due to snacking.
"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."
- Vince Lombardi

Sometimes you need to take one step back for every two steps forward.

Time heals everything!

90% of a diet is 60% mental