Christmas Eve, Christmas, NY eve, New Years

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MJ7910

Christmas Eve, Christmas, NY eve, New Years

Post by MJ7910 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Just wondered how you are handling this week with the holidays in the middle of the week. I am trying to make S days for Christmas and New Years and trying to eat somewhat normal on the eves. Still will enjoy myself though. My goal is to not let the Monday, Tues, Thursday and Friday of each week get out of control... it doesn't have to be an S week! :) What is everyone's plan? I want to enjoy a dessert with Christmas dinner and on New Years but I'm going to try and remember it is not a rule that i have to eat everything in sight those days.
Current BMI: 22.9. Height: 5'4.5"
Highest BMI: 25.5 in August 2011.
Lowest adult BMI: 20.8 in February 2012.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm pretty much making the 25th and S day and maybe New Year's day, but we don't do anything so I'm thinking just the 25th.

If I had a bunch of things to do I would still just do the 25th and 1st as a moderate S day.

Enjoy your holidays!!!
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Imogen Morley

Post by Imogen Morley » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:04 pm

In my country Christmas lasts three days - Christmas Eve (today) with a big family feast in the afternoon, then the first and second day of Christmas. I'm going to take 3 S-days, no two ways about it! And in the middle of next week I give myself S for New Year's Eve and the actual New Year's day. I'm still debating over the upcoming weekend, though... to let my diethead win or to declare it a regular S-weekend?

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:56 pm

I like the plan of "try not to eat everything in sight" that is my plan too. Holiday food is very rich so i think one plate plus dessert will be very filling
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

la_loser

The magic word is SOMETIMES!

Post by la_loser » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:15 pm

This is definitely the week which poses more temptations than any other week except maybe vacations if you are traveling. My strategy (intent/hope. . .) is to (and I will try to use Reinhard and other No-Sers words here) "not be an idiot" and remember that the rules don't say we can have the S's EVERYTIME on S days but that the word is SOMETIMES! Granted, this week it might be more like "most times" but I do hope my habits are sufficiently in place to make it truly "sometimes" events so that I'm just not miserably full. Enjoying and savoring will be the key!

And remembering to "to be good for goodness sake" does not mean punishing yourself, restricting yourself to a fault, falling into diet head mentality or counting anything except of course nice full places of food like Oolala counts! The best gift you can give to yourself and your loved ones is a life well-lived without obsessing over every little bite. . . or calorie. . . or carb. . . etc. We deserve this. We've punished ourselves enough.

Now I'm going to finish that fancy schmancy designer eggnog donut (seems to be like a pumpkin spice donut with a creamy filling-not quite eggnog but delicious!) with some cappuccino. And I'm not going to have one bit of remorse! Happy holidays-may my No S family have a wonderful and festive end of 2013 and beginning of 2014!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm not doing much social stuff this year, and that's fine with me. It means I will have to invent temptations. There's not much I'm dreaming about letting myself eat this year. I've already eaten it all.

I think I'll have some eggnog, but I'm not sure when. I'm going Italian on Christmas Day! At this point, there is no reason for it to be an S day.

I'd be more likely to make New Year's Eve an S day, but even that is iffy this year.

Good luck to all getting through this joyously!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Healthiermum

Post by Healthiermum » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:30 pm

I declared Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day as s days. I am however combining it with 16/8 intermittent fasting so that will help me control my eating on these days

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:47 pm

Well, I took Christmas Eve and Christmas as S days, and am working on getting back on the NoS wagon after too much slackness in November and December overall. So far so good today! I don't have anything planned for New Year's, so that should be in the regular N category. I'm going to try vanilla NoS and see how well I can stick to it... it may change to S days of "tueSday" and "wedneSday" when my midweek social life picks back up mid-January, but I need to really try to get back to 5 days per week of 3 sweets-free one plate meals.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:13 am

I wasn't going to take Christmas as an S day because I was going out with just one other person and I doubted we'd want to overdo it. I was right; we were too full to order dessert, which was good because we didn't think anything looked that good. But I had some mini cupcakes and Christmas cookies I had bought at the last minute and I ended up having some of them last night. It wasn't terrible, but it also wasn't exactly civil, sitting down and savoring them. But, today was a good N day.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)