They just keep coming...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

They just keep coming...

Post by Over43 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:58 pm

My coworker showed up Tuesday with a new bottle of pills. I thought he said it was Garcia-Cambodia, turns out it was Garcinia-Cambogia. I said, whatever it was, it sounded like it was named after an adult entertainer. He didn't think that was funny.

Anyway, as most of you know, but I did not, it is the new "super supplement" being pushed by Dr. Mehmet Oz. (I have been to Turkey, I love the name...) If I am not mistaken, and I might be, didn't he push the Acai Berry some years ago? Through Oprah that time?

Another "supplement" I have noticed the last couple of years is chlorella. Fresh water algae dried, and pressed into a tablet. One of the side effects we read about at work yesterday is a green discharge after a bowel movement. Where I come from we call those goose poops.

I just thought I needed to share, the "miracle stuff" keeps coming. And people, occassionally me, keep buying it.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

jw

Post by jw » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:36 pm

LOL, eat food, Over43!
That stuff is all tablets and capsules. I buy something like fish oil capsules and then forget to take them because I hate to take pills. But I will eat oily fish . . . I'd probably eat an acai berry if I knew where they grew, but I won't buy a bottle of acai berry tablets, not even from the Great Oz!
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

Healthiermum

Post by Healthiermum » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:31 pm

My friend got the dr oz tablets and she said they were the biggest waste of money. Also mentioned when she wanted a refund the company was really hard to deal with. No thanks I'd rather spend my money and time on making and eating real food

Zoid

Post by Zoid » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:40 pm

My mother-in-law believes everything that comes out of his mouth and then tries to push it on me. I wish he would just stop.
Don't let perfect get in the way of better
SAHM to 2 beautiful girls: S (4yo) & E (8m)

5'3" female, 34
SW: 196.0 - BMI: 34.7 - 2/15/21
CW: 191.5 - BMI: 33.9 - 3/31/21

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Dr. Oz annoys me. He doesn't seem very informed for a doctor. Every day he has a new "miracle" product.
"No S IS hard... It just turns out that everything else is harder." -oolala53

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:53 am

I actually started taking Garcina Cambogia on Jan 1 and I can't believe how my appetite is like nil and MY carb cravings are gone...

I know people will frown at this stuff, but I needed to try something to help curb my cravings for carbs...actually pretty amazing stuff....not sure I'm happy with not having an appetite but for now while building my habit works for me.

My husband actually convinced me to give it a try and he planned on trying it. The stuff works so good I even sent my best friend Louanne a bottle.
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8