Is it really that easy?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tskb

Is it really that easy?

Post by tskb » Tue May 23, 2006 4:20 pm

I know I can't be this stupid but I don't get it. I mean I read the entire webpage explaining it but still not sure I understand. Or is it so simple that I am having trouble understanding....? I feel like I need more inforamtion. Surely by now you can tell I have done every diet under the sun and I think that is why I am a little confused. I expect there to be a multitude of restrictions like most have and my mind can't grasp the simplicity of the NoS Diet....HELP! :oops:
TSKB

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue May 23, 2006 4:28 pm

Hi there!

Yes the plan is simple, but it's not necessarily easy....

You must really stick to the rules and exercise at least a few times a week to see weight loss... And you must be very patient...

So, it's definitely a pleasurable way to lose weight, and it does work, but it's not complicated!
Good luck!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

ironized yeast

Post by ironized yeast » Tue May 23, 2006 6:12 pm

tskb-

Your body must adhere to the laws of physics.

When you expend more energy then you take in (the energy you take in is measured in calories) then you will lose weight.

It's really that easy.

No-S is a way of keeping your calories in check by accounting for the ways that most people consume many extra calories during the day (sweets, snacks, and seconds).

It seems simple but that's because the mechanics of losing weight are very simple.

The way food is processed by the body and energy is consumed is very well understood scientifically, and it's a relatively straightforward process. When a complicated diet system works, it works because it limits calories in some way. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you something.

No-S is a simplified way of taking control of your food. It will work for you if you follow it and use common sense.

I've looked around on other diet message boards (and even on this one from time to time) and there is a lot of magical thinking going on in diet-land. If you've immersed yourself in that for a long time, I can understand how something rational like No-S would seem bizarre.
Lights out, everybody.
It...is...later...than...you...think.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed May 24, 2006 12:19 am

Yes, it's that simple -- you just actually have to do it. The hardest part for most people isn't the deprivation (because there isn't much) but the fact that it (usually) takes patience to see results.

Not that long ago, most people even here in the fattest country on earth were thin or "normal." Few people counted calories or carbs or worried about miracle foods. They ate most of their food at meals. They moved occasionally. It wasn't complicated.

So it isn't surprising that to get thin like them would be simple. The only difference is that whereas society used to encourage or require meals and movement, we now have to rely on discipline instead. The good news is that whatever the initial impetus, whether social structure or rules, the good habits that develop are largely the same.

Reinhard

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed May 24, 2006 7:53 am

Hi Tskb,

I'd just like to second what these guys have already said. YES it is that simple. Really.

BUT NO, it isn't that easy!! Although it does get a bit easier over time.

Hope you decide to try it out for yourself.
Best of luck,
C.
CaroleJo

sanity

Post by sanity » Wed May 24, 2006 3:23 pm

So far, it's remarkably easy for me (all two days of it), but it's not necessarily pleasant. Oh, I enjoy my food, but I have to watch my brother eat up all the ice cream in the house, and since I'm just starting, I do get very hungry between meals.

If you want to understand why it works, go back and reread the rest of the page on nosdiet.com, it explains why this died works -- physchology. The simplicity is a necessary component -- if it wasn't simple, you wouldn't be able to stick to it.
Last edited by sanity on Thu May 25, 2006 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Wed May 24, 2006 10:59 pm

And think of the icecream you can eat on the weekend!

Kathleen.