Last day feeling sorry for myself ...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mustloseweight

Last day feeling sorry for myself ...

Post by Mustloseweight » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:04 am

Had breakfast, of muesli. So far, on track. Hope everyone else is having a successful day so far.

I have really got into a rut. My health is poor, and I am not working as a teacher anymore as it was just too much stress due to teenagers behaviour that I couldn't cope with. In the end I had a breakdown. I am now being treated for Bipolar, but the tablets are not helpful where weight is concerned!

Today, it is now just 11am. I am still in my unmade bed, in my onesie, wasting another day. This has to stop. So I commit to following No S eating today. Get up. Make my bed. Put some washing on so one of the three things that fit me can be worn and do something.

No one can do this for me!

Have a good day everyone.

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:14 am

Welcome to NoS! I think you will find Everyday Systems very useful. If you have a lot of extra time on your hand: may I suggest also looking into urban ranging and even possibly shovelglove? There are some people who managed to create whole fun world for themselves shovelgloving and urban ranging is a great way to discover new things.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

biggirllosesweight

Post by biggirllosesweight » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:18 pm

Hey, it's biggirllosesweight from California.
Just wanted to say hang in there and also even though I'm just 25, I still find that a lot of rotten teen agers are enough to drive anyone bi polar.
I'm a new stay at home mom and so I know it's hard to force yourself to get up early and put real clothes instead of stretchy bed clothes on when you don't have to, but you should do it. It'll make you feel better.
Sounds like you're doing good today. It's pretty neat since my mom and I both are on the diet we can encourage each other every day through text messages every day.
Each Friday we weigh our selves and write it on the calendar. Last Friday I didn't lose weight, but when that happens don't get discouraged. Just keep trying. That's what I tell mom. So, to lose weight she decided to mostly eat salads or stir fried vegies and some meat for dinner and oat meal for breakfast or 2 eggs and toast.
Anyway, you can do it!! Hope I didn't bore you with my long email.
Charity

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi there. Hope you managed to get going. I know that one :( it's really hard to get on track when you're feeling grim. There are lots of teachers or former teachers on these boards. Most of us have felt or are feeling very stressed and undermined. But there is wonderful support here. One step at a time. Just hang in there and read as many other threads as you can. You will see we are all human, fallible and often frail. But we are getting by with this plan, and often starting to get balanced, happy and well. There are some amazing testimonials. I read loads when I started. I also still read testimonials when I feel low. I know you can do this :) :)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:45 pm

I feel like I"m on your trajectory. This is my 17th year teaching high school. I got into it at age 43 out of desperation to make some money, so I've been able to stick it out, but not sure I can make it to 2016, which has been my projected retirement (at an extremely moderate income). I spend a lot of time looking for ways out.

Though it is expensive, I highly recommend the aptitude tests of the Johnson O'Connor Research Foundation. They predicted what my problems with public school teaching would be. I just never thought I'd be at it so long. But I digress.

Cling to No S like a life preserver. I humbly suggest that your disgust at your weight is likely more cruddy feelings from eating immoderately and probably sugar too often. If you try to take weight loss out of the equation, you can feel better and be successful every day. You don't have to lose a pound, though you likely will, especially if you add movement, which will also improve your feelings. (I'm on meds, too, so don't mistake my message. I don't pretend any one thing is going to set you off on a song.) But go for meal compliance first. I still haven't exercised regularly, but have lost weight and, through some ups and downs, kept it off. This is my 4th year.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Mustloseweight

Thanks everyone

Post by Mustloseweight » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Meal compliance will definitely be the initial aim. Just a secure yet sustainable and liveable structure I am sure will do wonders. Just need to get there! Reading a book called, 'How to lose weight without dieting.' Based on NLP, and self-hypnosis it looks at your relationship with food. Hope it supports me with compliance on No S.

Thanks for all your input, I value it greatly.

snowwhite

Post by snowwhite » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:24 am

Hi, MustLoseWeight! I was a teacher right out of college and lasted less than a year. I had a breakdown, too. Also, I'm on antidepress. med now, and I have gained 11 pounds on it. Good luck to you! As someone told me once concerning depression....just do it. Just get up. Just make your bed, etc. So, it sounds like you have a good plan to just make yourself do things even when you don't feel like it. I eventually went back to school and became a nurse and I love it. Best of luck to you!
-Tracy Ann

Bennedicta

Post by Bennedicta » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi must lose weight.

I am thinking of you.

My own hubby is on a years sabbatical from teaching to avoid the breakdown. Financially it tough, but worth it. Baby steps. Make one achievable goal a day (like get showered and dressed) and make it a habit. We set a getting up time for hubby, and then brought it forward by steps. At first he had to be up and dressed by 9am. Now he gets a cuppa in bed at 6:30 and is out of bed at 7.

We added goals. Like half an hour gardening, and later, painting the kitchen window.

Things are improving. They will for you too. You can do anything! Now, go do it!

Benni

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:35 am

I wonder if people who get into other professions and decide they don't like it feel as bad about it as ex-teachers do?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:19 pm

oolala53 wrote:I wonder if people who get into other professions and decide they don't like it feel as bad about it as ex-teachers do?
I know this is true for many in the Legal Profession. Image
Most of my fellow lawyers were like me, surprised to find they hated the practice of law.
BUT, so much time and money already invested ... and financial return was far better than elsewere.
I do so love my retirement.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com