Plate Spotlight

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoelFigart

Plate Spotlight

Post by NoelFigart » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:58 am

My family is very happy I'm back to my No-S habits.

No, not because I'm losing weight or anything. It's the meals.

For the past of months of The Project That's Eating My Life, I did let my habits go out the window. (Which does make me wonder how damn long it TAKES or a habit to BE totally ingrained, for pity's sake. I'd No-Sed for a solid YEAR and a half before the project)

Anyway, they're happy because I focus on meals. If I'm going to commit to three meals a day, they're gonna be delicious, darn it.

It's not that I make any real effort at gourmet cooking. I don't. But I pack bento for myself and my family every DAY rather than saying, "You're on your own, I'm picking up something at the office."

I make sure I set up porridge the night instead of skipping breakfast.

Dinner? Well, we've been doing Dinner Inna Bag for months, and that's not likely to change, but I'm okay with that. It's tasty enough and keeps me from dialing the Magic Sushi Phone too often.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:29 am

Welcome Back.

Mmmm, I love your comment about if its only 3 meals they're gonna be delicious!!!

So true and a great thing about No S - it teaches us to enjoy our meals!
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Loved the instruction article. Great ideas, Thanks. :)
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Nothing beats 3 meals :) I don't think there's a single habit that can't be upset by a life change and your project seems like a life change! But it should be easier to get back to your NoS habits because you had already figured out how to incorporate everything into your life :)
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

noni

Post by noni » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Yes, Noel, I do notice that when I'm following No S carefully I always cook better. Snacking takes away the appetite and desire to cook better meals. I like perusing your site. It's interesting and you are quite a talented lady!