handcuffed by logic

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
abelincoln

handcuffed by logic

Post by abelincoln » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:49 am

The s day framework is great...

Is there any other things dropped/kept on s days.

Im speaking specifically about shovelglove... and unplanned s days

Right now, i sort of try and keep somewhat virtuous even on s days, ie urban ranger

But if its a particularly stressful unplanned s day...

I guess thats one reason to stick to only a few like that a month

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi abelincoln,

What I do is pretty simple:

shovelglove on N-days, no shovelglove on S-days.

I don't really have a whole lot of unplanned S-days (sick days, hospital visits for the kids etc.) so when they do happen I don't worry about them (rough rule of thumb is 2 or less a month of non-weekend S-days are to be expected and fine). My S-days are pretty relaxed. Urban ranger isn't something I actively worry about since it's engineered into my daily routine (walking to work, mostly).

Hope this helps? Anything else you're concerned about?

Reinhard

abelincoln

Post by abelincoln » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:53 pm

not really but I welcome others to discuss their thoughts I was mainly concerned about the fact that I have taken several unplanned S days in a row because the mother in law was in town but I probably worried most about shovel glove I just really need to get back on track and I didn't want any confusion about shovel glove but I'll be back shugging again today

thanks a million reinhard

slothlike

Post by slothlike » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:59 pm

This is an old query, but I'll throw my two cents in anyway. The occasional unplanned S day isn't a big deal, but when you're having multiples of them, it shows that you haven't built the habit. My rule is never miss two in a row, find a way to make it happen - a minimal workout is only 14 minutes, everyone has 14 minutes that they can squeeze in somewhere.

abelincoln

Post by abelincoln » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:10 am

you are probably right since my life is more disorganized and unscheduled than most it might take me longer to develop a good habit then it would someone else I should mention that right now I let stress get the better of me and I'm not trying really to do anything I think the worst habit that crept back is eating at night I know that it is not part of reinhards teachings to give up completely and then later on when your life gets less hectic start back up but that is what I have let stress do to me what can I say I have trouble following the rules but maybe one day I will get it right thank you for your input I appreciate that